The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Rock drum recording question?
Old 24th February 2007
Gear Nut

Cheers DY for the advice. The AKG 414 would be great id say. the room i have is about 14 foot by 12 foot and about a 9 foot ceiling and its all wooden. Not the best room but not the worst. I guess all I want is a pair that will as you say pick the sound that I hear in the room out. The AKG would be a good bet for this I guess. I was also thinking maybe the Neumann KM184 pair as an overhead?

I dont get to borrow much or try out much because im right in the southern tip of Ireland and dont have access to these big guitar centres you guys have!!!!

Nice one for the info.

James
Old 27th February 2007
Lives for gear

If you've done a decent job in miking the rest of the drum set, you only need the overheads to add a bit of sheen and detail to the overall sound. We also use AEA R84 ribbons as overheads, Shure SM-81's, and the new $19 MSH mics (at: http://naiant.com/studiostore/6mmcapsulemics.html).

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search