The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Replaced faulty TD-20 LCD now no backlighting
Old 21st July 2015
Gear Head

Replaced faulty TD-20 LCD now no backlighting

Hi, recently bought a TD-20 which was working fine except the LCD was not readable on the bottom half. Bought a replacement LCD through Full Compass, installed it, and now the screen shows fully, but there is no backlighting on the LCD screen. Does anyone have experience on replacing the LCD in a TD-20? Trying to figure out if anyone knows if there is a faulty ribbon cable or a bad soldering joint that would cause the backlight not to work. There are two pins that come out of the back of the LCD and a circuit board fits around them and is soldered on. Just wondering if those two pins are the source of the power for the backlight and I screwed up the soldering. Really don't want to keep taking it apart to experiment on it so hoping someone knows exactly about fixing the issue.
Old 23rd July 2015
Here for the gear

can you pls take a pic of the current rework or soldering. in addition do you have a schematic
Old 23rd July 2015
Here for the gear

do you have a pic of the rework or soldering that you have performed. I also would like to know if you have schematics
Old 23rd July 2015
Gear Head

Hi, thanks for the reply! I actually closed it all up and the LCD is buried under like 3-4 layers of other smaller boards that have to come out. I am requesting a schematic from Roland and will post it when I get it from them.

Regards
Old 23rd September 2016
Here for the gear

Did you figure it out?
Old 6th January 2019
Here for the gear

The two pins that are soldered on to the LCD control board provide power to the backlight LEDs. You have to be careful not to tear them. Do you still have the previous LCD? You can use the backlight section. Otherwise, you have to repair the pins on the new one.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search