The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

Preamp really needed?

The Drawmer 1962 is specified with 150 to 600 Ohms for its Mic input. Somebody mentioned the m201 already, the m101 has the same Ohm specs (8.1K/20KOhms) for its Mic in.

View Post

The UB-Xa Synthesizer

...what (sensible, IMHO) people want is similar to what auto enthusiasts want ... Yes, they love the idea of having a 1962 427 Shelby Cobra. What they don't want is a new 100% part-for-part recreation ... if they have a brains in their heads. They want all the touch-points of the original ... the style, the...

View Post

what contributed mostly to the 70's sound, mics, tape, or gear?

I hear you man. Using Tascam and Otari equipment you always had to have some for of NR. I kept it off the bass as well as kick snare and lead vocals. My own studios I went to 2” 16 track or 1” 8 track so I didn’t have to use any. I...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Product Description

Drawmer’s latest tube product, the 1962 Digital Vacuum Tube Preamp, is a hybrid combining solid-state, valve and digital technology. It comprises a high performance stereo analog pre-amp with 3-band EQ, low and high pass filters, low and high frequency dynamic enhancement, limiting and variable tube drive... The concept is to combine quality analog with optional processing and tube warmth before converting to digital.