The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Prepaid Download Cards.....When?
Old 22nd November 2007
Lives for gear

Prepaid Download Cards.....When?

My artist Black Pegasus that I work with does shows around the country, it would be nice to offer prepaid cards like iTunes does, specific to the artist. Is this possible, or is it going to be?

Thanks!
Old 22nd November 2007
Founder CD Baby

Smile prepaid cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by illynoise View Post
it would be nice to offer prepaid cards like iTunes does
Check out DiscRevolt
Old 23rd November 2007
Lives for gear

I checked that out, seems like they are taking a lot of money (3.00), plus you have to buy the cards, so on 100 cards (.99) each, you taking 4 dollars out of the equation. You would still have to sell your CD's at $10 or higher to make the same amount as we do in stores now.

I think I like lambcase option better. Buy a pack of 100 cdr's, encode them in lambcase, put the decoder on there, GIVE them out, you only out .10 a cd. if they don't buy it.
Old 24th November 2007
Peter Wells, SVP Operations, Customer Advocate - Tunecore

At one point, iTunes had a program like this, but now to do it at all, I believe you have to order in the 50,000 range! I'll investigate further...

--Peter
peter@tunecore.com
Old 24th November 2007
Lives for gear

How about cards with links to zips of the album? Sure some people might give the link to their friends, but is that any different than ripping the cd for other people?
Old 26th November 2007
Peter Wells, SVP Operations, Customer Advocate - Tunecore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallace View Post
How about cards with links to zips of the album? Sure some people might give the link to their friends, but is that any different than ripping the cd for other people?
I have a premonition that someone is going to set up a dirt-simple system, combining hosting, .zip or Stuffit files, simple codes and on-the-fly printing. Hmm.

Oh Jeff, have we got time to start a new division of TuneCore...?

--Peter
peter@tunecore.com
Old 26th November 2007
Gear Head

you can do it yourself...my band did. Our web guy set it up that so that we could sell a password to download our album. Enter the password once and download the album and then the password isn't valid anymore. So now we can sell a t-shirt with a free digital copy of the album or even just cards with passwords on them.
Old 27th November 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTuneCore View Post
I have a premonition that someone is going to set up a dirt-simple system, combining hosting, .zip or Stuffit files, simple codes and on-the-fly printing. Hmm.

Oh Jeff, have we got time to start a new division of TuneCore...?

--Peter
peter@tunecore.com
Lambcase and Amazon have kind of already done it I think.??

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search