The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
The CD that never comes off of iTunes....?
Old 21st November 2007
Lives for gear

The CD that never comes off of iTunes....?

We work with CD Baby mainly, I have sent about 5-10 clients there, so first off I love you guys! Tunecore has been experimented with and we are happy also.

But my question is what if you put an album up with a company, then you wanted to take the album down because you got distribution or something and your violating some label's rules. How is this process done?
Old 21st November 2007
Peter Wells, SVP Operations, Customer Advocate - Tunecore

Old 21st November 2007
Founder CD Baby

Smile We take care of it. It's part of our job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illynoise View Post
what if you put an album up with a company, then you wanted to take the album down
Yep. Just tell us. We take care of it. It's part of our job.

You should know, though, that it's not something to be done lightly.

We have to send a legal takedown notice to every company who is selling it, and they have to have someone go in and remove it everywhere.

Since CD Baby sends everything to over 100 companies by default (see CD Baby: Partner Companies) that means 100 different people around the world going to work on this.

So - it's easy for you to just tell us to do it, but since it's not an automated process on their end, for the most part, it's not something you'd want to do whimsically. You have to make sure you really really want it removed from all distribution.
Old 22nd November 2007
Lives for gear

I just didn't want to name names, but it wasn't either of your companies. I was just interested with the process of how that worked. Thanks for your replies!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search