The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Gracenote Media Database Submission?
Old 16th November 2007
Gear Head

Gracenote Media Database Submission?

Hello Derek, Patrick and Peter,

First off, thank you for donating your time here on Gearslutz.com Your insight into the current music biz climate has been helpful as I'm getting ready to release my first EP.

Now here's my question: By using Tunecore, CdBaby or Nimbit as a digital distributor are my songs automatically submitted to the Gracenote Media Database?
Old 18th November 2007
Peter Wells, SVP Operations, Customer Advocate - Tunecore

It's not automatic, Scriabin, but we include directions for putting your information into places like All Music Guide (AMG) in our FAQ, and of course encourage folks to do it.

Are you a fan of Scriabin? I love his work. Now if I could only play him as well as Horowitz did!

--Peter
peter@tunecore.com
Old 21st November 2007
Founder CD Baby

Smile automated processes can do it for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scriabin View Post
are my songs automatically submitted to the Gracenote Media Database?

Yes. We have metadata deals with a bunch of companies including Gracenote, AMG, and Muze, and some others in the works.

A big part of our job we do for every album that arrives here is making sure all the metadata is clean and perfect, so that we can spread it around for you, wherever fans may be.

Busy musicians shouldn't be wasting their time typing their info again and again and again when automated processes can do it for you.

I'm kindof a database nut so I love programming data-transfer scripts like this in my spare time.
Loading mentioned products ...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search