The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion

...the title. On a side note, a Mac Pro arrived here, and to my big surprise, that thing can run 127 Equilibrium instances, with 5 bands active, at 65k length impulse, in Analog Phase and only use half the CPU (51%, to be precise). That's insane IMO, because that thing can be far more hungry...

View Post

Towards 2018: where are we standing in terms of analog emulation quality?

...of the harmonics depends on the time an OpAmp (or equivalent circuit) needs to switch from a sign change to equilibrium, and from the slew of charing a capacitor or two. As an example, the falling edge of the pulse waveform in the P5 is slightly slewed, meaning it isn't a "real" square wave,...

View Post

Why are UAD Plugins sounding that much better? A serious question

As I said, I regularly test plugins from other manufacturers. It is fun. At the end of the day, when I start to mix, I take what I have and know. What has done the job hundreds of times. And I see that colleagues basically do the same thing. Everyone has a workflow with standard tools....

View Post

Video Guides

Product Description

Drawing on 50 years of EQ heritage, EQuilibrium is a custom-designed power tool for audio professionals. User-adaptable design, a cutting edge feature set, built for tackling critical mix/mastering tasks. Sound • Circuit models of vintage EQs from history, model numbers including: 4000, 3 (4 modes), 110, 550, 88, 32, 250 • Filters include: Coincident, Butterworth, Chebyshev, Bessel, Critical, Legendre, Elliptic, Allpass types • First-order, second-order, vintage, and tilt shelves • Classic DMG Bells and notches, with a +/-36dB range, and a Q range from 0.1 to 50 • Classic DMG Shelves which let you move the resonance above or below the curve • Classic DMG Filters at 6/12/18/24/30/36/42/48 db/octave, sweepable resonance • M/S processing mode, allows you to process Mid, Side or the Stereo image • L/R processing mode, for independent Left and Right EQ • Surround sound support upto 7.1 DTS, with channel grouping matrix, and per-pair M/S processing • Per-band phase control, plus quick access to Linear, Analogue and Minimum phase modes • Extensive Impulse Response design controls, including a selection of parametric windows, length and padding