The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

Best EQ Plugin(s)

In my research on EQ plugins I've found that the DMG EQuilibrium is the closest to being the highest praised EQ plugin I've read about thus far. It apparently can do everything the other DMG EQs can do, being the flagship model, and more. Do you guys agree with this, or have other must...

View Post

Towards 2018: where are we standing in terms of analog emulation quality?

...of the harmonics depends on the time an OpAmp (or equivalent circuit) needs to switch from a sign change to equilibrium, and from the slew of charing a capacitor or two. As an example, the falling edge of the pulse waveform in the P5 is slightly slewed, meaning it isn't a "real" square wave,...

View Post

Softube Launches Official Weiss DS1-MK3 Mastering Plug-in

I'm demoing Equilibrium now after seeing you guys rave about it and it's the best EQ I've ever used. I have the Pro Q and Eiosis Air EQ too...I put Equilibrium before the Softube Console One and use it mainly for initial shaping and fixing up the track and then I use the C1...

View Post

Video Guides

Product Description

Drawing on 50 years of EQ heritage, EQuilibrium is a custom-designed power tool for audio professionals. User-adaptable design, a cutting edge feature set, built for tackling critical mix/mastering tasks. Sound • Circuit models of vintage EQs from history, model numbers including: 4000, 3 (4 modes), 110, 550, 88, 32, 250 • Filters include: Coincident, Butterworth, Chebyshev, Bessel, Critical, Legendre, Elliptic, Allpass types • First-order, second-order, vintage, and tilt shelves • Classic DMG Bells and notches, with a +/-36dB range, and a Q range from 0.1 to 50 • Classic DMG Shelves which let you move the resonance above or below the curve • Classic DMG Filters at 6/12/18/24/30/36/42/48 db/octave, sweepable resonance • M/S processing mode, allows you to process Mid, Side or the Stereo image • L/R processing mode, for independent Left and Right EQ • Surround sound support upto 7.1 DTS, with channel grouping matrix, and per-pair M/S processing • Per-band phase control, plus quick access to Linear, Analogue and Minimum phase modes • Extensive Impulse Response design controls, including a selection of parametric windows, length and padding