The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi everyone So we have opened this new sub forum where you can post pictures and words on your electronic DIY build repair and...

Tim Farrant
replies: 0 views: 5,526
Tim Farrant 30th May 2012

Has anyone seen my emt 240 without sides around any studios or tech shops around LA? Its in rough shape, no sides.

bobemmett
replies: 0 views: 80
bobemmett 1 day ago

Hey there guys, replacing a Sterling ST-69 capsule that I busted... any thoughts on these guys here? I’ve got plenty of nicer...

little_dipper
replies: 0 views: 63
little_dipper 2 days ago

hi guys, i just bought an old dynamix 3000 console and i want to improve the sound of the preamps and eq´s. The desk is...

Alexi
replies: 62 views: 21,160
thunderfm 4 days ago

¡Hi Geeks! Finally, after four years of research and development (read it learning), four prototypes, many nights without...

JAY X
replies: 45 views: 9,177
JAY X 1 week ago

Hi guys, I just picked up a really cheap GT66 with a faulty power supply, it seems the unit was dropped and the transformer...

Mr Benn
replies: 0 views: 72
Mr Benn 1 week ago

Hello Geekslutz, Newbie and hack from Japan here. Was fortunate enough to acquire a Soundcraft Spirit FX16 that was about to be...

Arumako
replies: 5 views: 3,227
SKProductions 3 weeks ago

just a few pics of a dbx128 I recapped & modded http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff10/doulos24/dbx1181_zps15345c70.jpg...

doulos30
replies: 9 views: 6,150
aczfenderstrats 3 weeks ago

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I didn't see any repair forums. Basically, as the title states, I have a UA DCS that...

BMXnotFix
replies: 5 views: 191
Rick Dalton 29th June 2020

Just scored another Soundcraft yesterday. This one was sold as not-functioning. Got it for very cheap. It's a 18/8/2...

Martel80
replies: 9 views: 1,551
Stripeyjoe 18th June 2020

Just wanted to share a controller that I made for my JU-06A Here is the trick. I used these 3 videos from Notes & Volts as...

xavierbzh
replies: 2 views: 192
Sense_A 17th June 2020

I've been needing something like the Roland A880 for a very long time, but they were always so ridiculously overpriced. This...

Cpl. Punishment
replies: 0 views: 144
Cpl. Punishment 5th June 2020

Hey guys I video'ed my latest kit build, I thought I'd post it here. I didn't do much commentary or anything, I just sped...

xxdrexx
replies: 1 views: 173
Unexplainedbacon 4th June 2020

Hi guys! Long-time lurker, first-time poster. I built my first op amp, a GAR2520, to replace the ones in my Warm 412...

Dr_spaceman
replies: 3 views: 237
cathode 30th May 2020

Hello fellow gear slutz and gurus. I seen another thread on a modification for the DBX 163X. I decided to touch up on the same...

ApronBeatz
replies: 14 views: 5,628
johannburkard 23rd May 2020

I bought this a couple of years back and it sounds great! Really nice when driven from synths, drums and Rhodes - it's just a bit...

JamieOxford
replies: 4 views: 162
JamieOxford 20th May 2020

Oooh, I've been a member for a week, and only now do I see this forum? I must be blind. It's not a photo diary, but maybe a video...

regebro
replies: 0 views: 116
regebro 17th May 2020

Hello! To expand the aux sends on my Audient 2802: I would like to build a great quality 16 input line level 4 aux send...

nomoreflakes
replies: 14 views: 326
nomoreflakes 16th May 2020

I have developed and build a USB midi interface on for the Korg Poly61. The design is based on the P6retro design but using a...

edwinvanpoeijer
replies: 0 views: 131
edwinvanpoeijer 11th May 2020

BLA ADA8000 Premium Mod vs Apogee Ensemble Test - BOTH are clocked by a BIG BEN OK, this will just be my opinion. Sorry, no...

piano
replies: 22 views: 15,998
iLCacciLLo 11th May 2020

Hello, Can anyone direct me towards a DIY kit for a linear ac to dc psu? I know that five fish audio have an ac-ac build for...

nomoreflakes
replies: 8 views: 265
nomoreflakes 9th May 2020

Hi I have owned these LS-711s since I was 13 ... now I am 42. On these speakers I made my musical history. I don't know how much...

rugge78
replies: 0 views: 163
rugge78 6th May 2020

Wanted to share this mod to fix the slide pots on a UREI 535 EQ. I have 3 of these and all 3 have been upgraded with this kit....

Brian M. Boykin
replies: 5 views: 1,111
mitchell 4th May 2020

Hi Everyone ! I would like to know if someone has tried to make his own mono XLR Splitter. The purpose is to compare 2 or 3...

jolefrei
replies: 3 views: 5,841
stuntdrummer 1st May 2020

Hi I have a folcrom summing box that I am trying to optimise. Today I was looking into my stuff and I found a Vintage UTC A24...

laperlestudio
replies: 0 views: 155
laperlestudio 29th April 2020

I'm looking to make a talkbox for both guitar and synths on the cheap. I'm planning to use a ****ty practice guitar amp that is...

fallenturtle
replies: 0 views: 205
fallenturtle 13th April 2020

Hey Guys recently got finished on a mod/upgrade for my PRE73 Mark I which i think was from the 2nd or so shipment of these pre's,...

Evil Genius
replies: 14 views: 8,921
SecondHandAudio 11th April 2020

Bought a Laney Spkr cab that is rated as 8 ohm(2x16 ohm spkrs in parallel) but my vintage BandMaster is rated as 4 ohms. Can I...

FSbass
replies: 2 views: 261
Speedskater 23rd March 2020

Hey guys I have a spring Reverb tank that a buddy of mine gave me. I’m not sure who the manufacturer is or the model or what...

lazarate54
replies: 0 views: 258
lazarate54 13th March 2020

I wanted to share with you my mod on this Soundcraft series 2400 console. So what I did, I replaced the channel EQ's with SSL...

creativeblue
replies: 5 views: 6,086
Liquidaudio 1st March 2020

I found someone who has some Lomo up27 mic pres. Like these...

arsmusic
replies: 0 views: 367
arsmusic 24th February 2020

Hello gurus, I've picked up a pair of used Event ASP8 monitors. The guy said they were working fine but one was a tiny bit...

mbmsv
replies: 2 views: 631
mbmsv 15th February 2020

I just picked up a Yamaha m1516. Is it worth it to replace the op amps with API 2520's? I'm wondering if/how it would improve...

David 123
replies: 0 views: 337
David 123 11th February 2020

This is a U47 clone using a T-Bone SCT 700 body, a Maiku Capsule and a FAB BV8F transformer. FAB transformers still available...

fabstudios
replies: 1 views: 1,763
Brian M. Boykin 30th January 2020

Hello all, I'm looking for someone with a functional apex 415 that would be willing to open it and share pictures of the...

MOG
replies: 0 views: 735
MOG 24th January 2020

Hi there New here. I looked at different threads (all the internet, really), and i'm still struggling to find decent...

Jefbyos
replies: 0 views: 294
Jefbyos 20th January 2020

If anyone has a Hawk HR-12 with full wet mod, post pics please. Thanks Even if 10 years later.

Amsoily
replies: 0 views: 292
Amsoily 8th January 2020

During an email conversation a friend mentioned that Data Switches are now available cheaply on eBay. I looked and found...

ruffrecords
replies: 0 views: 409
ruffrecords 6th January 2020

Electro Harmonix 12AY7 Mic Pre Amp Modifications As I have noted a fair number of comments on the Internet, on problems and...

Dr F.
replies: 73 views: 53,464
Lucifer 23rd December 2019

Good day. Newbie here. I'm the host of a syndicated radio program that is leaving the nest and protection of our flagship station...

thetiger77
replies: 0 views: 299
thetiger77 4th December 2019

Dear, All Recently, I got vintage QuadEight Equalizer(EQ-444) without PSU. So I made original PSU.(+-15V,+-28V) But it...

dehumidifier
replies: 1 views: 341
dehumidifier 16th November 2019

Hi. I need this part PCM53 JG - I to repair a PCM60 but i don't found for buy. Can help me?

tacatun
replies: 0 views: 336
tacatun 13th November 2019

Hello, Since starting this thread: Roland JV-880 No Audio I have aquired a nice soldering station and have been repairing...

Amsoily
replies: 1 views: 433
Amsoily 7th November 2019

So I have a really cool idea that involves a tap handle for sound control, as I have been searching in the potentiometer...

Putrid_Gospel
replies: 0 views: 300
Putrid_Gospel 7th November 2019

Hey Gang, I ran out of patience waiting for the case for this monster so I've decided to power it on and test it. Runs like a...

Fobee
replies: 8 views: 6,569
midmost 5th November 2019

whell this small beast have great sound... and since i keeped one of few I had.... i spend some time using it in studio. I...

roginator
replies: 380 views: 120,594
octavez 22nd October 2019

Hi guys I have owned samplers for years now and I am getting into the world of DIY devices (based on tiny computers such as...

djimon
replies: 1 views: 788
mrfantastic 8th October 2019

Hello, all. This week I picked up a DBX 163A for cheap. I set to changing out the caps because some of the electrolytics were...

ryandfaris
replies: 3 views: 872
ryandfaris 7th October 2019

Hi all, first post and not 100% sure if it’s the right forum, couldn’t find anything on this exact topic. In my mic...

Rich1111
replies: 0 views: 402
Rich1111 5th October 2019

Hi, (total electronics n00b) what is the circuit for signal to analogue VU ? eg: a line level (send etc.) to VU...

ibtl
replies: 3 views: 651
ibtl 4th October 2019

(pictures to come) So last week I decided to really, truly, this time rewire my rack gear (again). So I pulled all the gear...

raito
replies: 11 views: 2,932
raito 1st October 2019

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search