The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi everyone So we have opened this new sub forum where you can post pictures and words on your electronic DIY build repair and...

Tim Farrant
replies: 0 views: 4,952
Tim Farrant 30th May 2012

I just scored an Ampex MM-1100 16 track tape machine and need some help sourcing parts. it came with all the good back up stuff...

rickstar44
replies: 13 views: 1,065
Brian M. Boykin 7 hours ago

Hey Slutz, I recently bought a broken digidesign to get some practice with fixing outboard gear. Usually it’s somethig obvious...

TommyTheCableGuy
replies: 1 views: 340
HighpointStudios 5 days ago

I put an LED screen in an old REV7. Its working, but the background isn't getting as black as it should, and a grid-like outline...

bubblebash
replies: 1 views: 195
bubblebash 1 week ago

Story of fixing a Morpheus... (tldr: clean the ROMs by popping them out) I decided to check CL one night and noticed an E-MU...

bubblebash
replies: 0 views: 163
bubblebash 1 week ago

hello everyone my name bill I am a long time reader here. everyone seems really smart here and has shared great info. I am here...

billytash
replies: 0 views: 243
billytash 2 weeks ago

Just thought i'd keep a running diary of this build. I've got a pair of 1084 EQ's in the pipeline, based around the Bluzzi...

che_guitarra
replies: 63 views: 15,168
che_guitarra 3 weeks ago

Hey Guys, I'm sure there is an easy solution to this one, but I haven't been able to find a guide yet who can help me out with...

shortyboyboy
replies: 3 views: 410
shortyboyboy 9th October 2018

I have a mini solar panel (0.2 watts). How can I turn the output (between 1 and 7 volts depending on the light) into midi CC...

remould
replies: 3 views: 233
remould 23rd September 2018

Hi, I just bought this very nice unit and can find absolutely no info or schematics on it. The only thing the label on the bottom...

Dismalonyx
replies: 1 views: 363
Thomas W. Bethe 22nd September 2018
replies: 1 views: 364

Not too sure what im doing on gearslutz so sorry if this is in the wrong place! I recently bought an AT3035 on ebay and it...

tomp2001
replies: 1 views: 293

I am restoring a 75 MCI JH-100 and looking for some parts .... starting with power cord.. I know it’s standard but round female...

rickstar44
replies: 3 views: 269

As Dr. Nick Rivera would have said: "Hello everybody!" I recently scored this interesting looking little mixer which...

cuebism
replies: 13 views: 7,254
lpla 7th September 2018

Hey Guys, I rewired an old MD421 70's model from top to bottom because it had both gound and hissing noises. all cables...

denmen2000
replies: 0 views: 258
denmen2000 30th August 2018

After waiting some time for the MB808 to be available i decided to get the yocto just to find out it was not available anymore.....

Fede.VR
replies: 15 views: 4,441
Johnny T 20th August 2018

whell this small beast have great sound... and since i keeped one of few I had.... i spend some time using it in studio. I...

roginator
replies: 368 views: 110,213
Ingenia 7th July 2018

Hello fellow geekslutz! Starting to formulate plans to recap my console (I've only owned this one for the past year and a half,...

Kiwi Audio
replies: 0 views: 424
Kiwi Audio 23rd June 2018

¡Hi Geeks! Finally, after four years of research and development (read it learning), four prototypes, many nights without...

JAY X
replies: 36 views: 7,433
JAY X 20th June 2018

Part 1 - The Butterfly Effect So, my partner at Black Box Analog Design, Eric Racy, calls me to inquire whether or not I...

rvwainscott
replies: 5 views: 1,217
rvwainscott 20th June 2018

Hello friends! I wonder if anyone can spot component differencies for me between two channelstrips by Raindirk. So, Im about to...

Ted Krotkiewski
replies: 3 views: 426
Ted Krotkiewski 13th June 2018

Just finished assembling the DIY Neumann clone from microphone-parts.com, using a donor MXL-990 and their RK87 replacement...

dluther
replies: 4 views: 916
dluther 3rd June 2018

Just scored another Soundcraft yesterday. This one was sold as not-functioning. Got it for very cheap. It's a 18/8/2...

Martel80
replies: 3 views: 457
Martel80 25th May 2018

After trying a radial jdi duplex in my synth studio and thinking "damn this thing sounds great- i wish it had more...

andrew caramia
replies: 7 views: 1,006
Arnotts 30th April 2018

Hey! I have an issue with my digidesign PRE I know I have to replace a capacitor, but also what I believe to be a Diode. It’s...

TommyTheCableGuy
replies: 0 views: 383
TommyTheCableGuy 2nd April 2018

Hi everyone, I recently purchased a TAC Scorpion 16:8:2 in mint condition. I've decided to start a quick journal here for the...

Beatwulf
replies: 43 views: 12,427
LukieRoots 26th March 2018

Soldering in 5 sliders Juno 60 what to know? 5 Sliders all snapped off. They work. Is it simple as solder off solder back...

Jaybird
replies: 0 views: 390
Jaybird 26th March 2018

Okay, hopefully this is in the right place. But I bought an Audio Technical LP120 Recently and UPS did a number on it. I...

DuoMaxwell2x4
replies: 2 views: 1,610
DuoMaxwell2x4 23rd March 2018

I have built a couple of microphones over the last year and a half and my next project is a stereo microphone based on the U48...

Nollman
replies: 1 views: 1,153
Nollman 20th March 2018

I have an AKG C416 PP mic that I am trying to repair the wiring on. I finally got the cable between the capsule and the clip to...

macchiato604
replies: 0 views: 387
macchiato604 14th March 2018

This is a U47 clone using a T-Bone SCT 700 body, a Maiku Capsule and a FAB BV8F transformer. FAB transformers still available...

fabstudios
replies: 0 views: 733
fabstudios 5th March 2018

I know Telefunk posted a thread like this a year or so when he did his 2824 in Finland, but I wanted to share mine. This Harrison...

countrymetalguy
replies: 64 views: 13,502
doubop 26th February 2018

This is an old Tannoy stereo ribbon microphone restored with new FAB 4196 transformers and new ribbons. Interesting how much was...

fabstudios
replies: 0 views: 412
fabstudios 1st February 2018

Hi all, I was thinking of putting my thoughts on this site while embarking on a journey with a project was perhaps a good...

Panoramix
replies: 87 views: 13,592
Panoramix 1st February 2018

I just acquired a Studer 169 console with 10 channels and 2 buses. Will be restoring and cleaning it up to perfect shape in the...

LTR
replies: 6 views: 3,127
outraged 31st January 2018

Hi everyone! I'd like to make a simple passive splitter to be able to map a cinch stereo into 4 separated right channels and 4...

Saynomore
replies: 3 views: 867
Saynomore 22nd January 2018

Hello, I hope someone can help me. I have a pair of Dynaudio BM5a from which 1 of the speakers is significantly less louder...

kundi
replies: 2 views: 753
yurone 17th January 2018

Greetings, Got some new desktop power supplies so I rant about it for a few minutes. I have a brand new product on its way...

rvwainscott
replies: 0 views: 380
rvwainscott 12th January 2018

...Heatsinks. 26 of them! OK that's probably overkill but it can't do any harm (provided nothing's touching any neighbouring...

gabjam
replies: 5 views: 6,561
Salamootion 10th January 2018

I come from the land of crafting and sewing message forums and one of the things that happen every so often is a "sew...

Story
replies: 167 views: 56,230
johanjohanjohan 10th January 2018

Hi Folks, Just recently finished building an MK47. It's been a great fun project, pretty easy and the results are awesome. ...

stgaudio
replies: 9 views: 6,369
AviEinZur 19th December 2017

No pics on this one... So I got a Furman PB40 patch bay in a lot with some other stuff I wanted, and hadn't been using it...

raito
replies: 1 views: 1,262
lexiStaul 28th November 2017

Well here is some pics of my portable lion battery powered bluetooth line array speaker. I was told by someone that this will not...

ZipSnipe
replies: 7 views: 628
ZipSnipe 18th November 2017

Hello fellow gear slutz and gurus. I seen another thread on a modification for the DBX 163X. I decided to touch up on the same...

ApronBeatz
replies: 1 views: 2,888
Zen MD 13th November 2017

So I recently got a Ramsa WR-C4520 mixer gave to me and I want to re-rack 4 of the channel strips (they're paired in 4's luckily)...

baronvonsuckit
replies: 0 views: 475
baronvonsuckit 31st October 2017

This is U47FET build using a T-Bone SCT-700 donor body. Shown with a FAB V8FET transformer. The range of BV style transformers...

fabstudios
replies: 0 views: 1,530
fabstudios 26th October 2017

Hello there, Some time ago a mic stand in my studio was knocked over with mentioned TLM mic attached. It was a bit distressing...

Syncmark77
replies: 1 views: 715
SP2016 20th October 2017

So I am building a bluetooth line array with bass module. My speakers are 6 @ 2 inch 8ohm 30 watts and the bass module is 4 inch...

ZipSnipe
replies: 2 views: 517
ZipSnipe 29th September 2017

(pictures to come) So last week I decided to really, truly, this time rewire my rack gear (again). So I pulled all the gear...

raito
replies: 9 views: 2,162
raito 28th September 2017

Any good recommendations for a newbie to start building some pre's? Looking for kits. Thanks! Hairball Capi-Gear Seventh...

shortyboyboy
replies: 5 views: 1,188
shortyboyboy 11th September 2017

Last year I made myself a monitor controller that allows different calibration profiles for different speakers/headphones. The...

oyvindur
replies: 0 views: 657
oyvindur 9th September 2017

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search