The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
TR-9090 start to finish.
Old 28th August 2014
TR-9090 start to finish.

After waiting some time for the MB808 to be available i decided to get the yocto just to find out it was not available anymore.. so i decided to get in the next waiting listy for the TR9090.
Surprisingly Synthage mailed me back immediately telling that he had a few kits still available.
The kit is really well done... all the rare parts are in, everything is well packed and labeled, Trevor's board are well made and documented.... just.. damn dense !!!
As this is marked as a project not for beginners i was a bit worried but more i build it more things get easy and clean....
Till now i ve spent less than 20h and i've done multi out, main out, power, amp, bd and sd sections...
Will update with new posts section by section....
now some pics... or it didnt happen
Attached Thumbnails
TR-9090 start to finish.-10514439_4530398513912_858202052347667848_o.jpg   TR-9090 start to finish.-10626282_4534187688639_5355540617930723462_o.jpg   TR-9090 start to finish.-10544248_4534191928745_8942809044400017074_o.jpg  
Old 29th August 2014
BD, SD and LT done !
Attached Thumbnails
TR-9090 start to finish.-bd_sd_lt.jpg  
Old 1st September 2014
Here for the gear

about to order my kit, can't wait to get started!
I hope they get the sequencer and full case together soon...
Old 2nd September 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by barebones View Post
about to order my kit, can't wait to get started!
I hope they get the sequencer and full case together soon...
Me too...
Old 4th September 2014
Gear Maniac

I don't know about the instructions that comes with the kit, and perhaps there are testing stages in between, but normally you start with mounting the lowest height parts: the resistors, place them all, then the IC sockets for instance, etcetera. (FWIW)
Old 5th September 2014
better to build instruments one by one , to be able to debug easyly.....
build finished, cardboard temp. case done... everything works.. !!
Attached Thumbnails
TR-9090 start to finish.-finita.jpg   TR-9090 start to finish.-cardboard.jpg   TR-9090 start to finish.-cardboard-closed.jpg  
Old 5th September 2014
Gear Maniac

Beatiful experimental & eco-friendly case!
Old 5th September 2014
PRH
Gear Addict

I admire the ingenuity of the enclosure, but mains powered gear in cardboard?
Old 5th September 2014
Gear Maniac

Congratulations!!
Old 5th September 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRH View Post
I admire the ingenuity of the enclosure, but mains powered gear in cardboard?
being in a country (cameroon) where finding a case could take months, the most important thing was to check if everything worked.... now i know everything works and i can disassemble it and wait all the time needed to get it up & running in a real case....
Old 5th September 2014
PRH
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fede.VR View Post
being in a country (cameroon) where finding a case could take months, the most important thing was to check if everything worked.... now i know everything works and i can disassemble it and wait all the time needed to get it up & running in a real case....
Perfect! Now I understand.

Congratulations on the build. It should be a really cool piece of gear

But please do stay safe
Old 10th September 2014
thanks.. It really was quite fun building it but the end result is definitely better :D this thing really rocks ! it has "that" 909 sound...
Old 13th September 2014
Here for the gear

mine's in the post, hopefully get building next week, i'm in the MB909 sequencer beta test group as well
Old 13th September 2014
a short tone tweaking session....
recorded through ****ty internal soundcard as here in Douala i cant find jack cables.... :(
this thing kicks like a mule... definitely worth the building time and effort !!

Old 8th July 2018
Bringing up an ancient thread I know, but I've always been told to search the forum before posting, hence my reply here...

I'm building mine now, seems my kit is incomplete. I have everything populated, but when I went to assemble, I realised the multi (individual) out board didn't include the main outs. Seems there are some components needing to be added too, not just straight wiring to the sockets... Anyone have a main output board they can photograph (both front and back)? Hopefully that'll help me to wire it up properly.
Old 20th August 2018
Gear Head

The circuit for the main outputs should be on the final page (down the bottom right) of the schematics PDF.
I can post pictures of the PCB, but it's probably not necessary if you have the schematics.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search