The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Soundcraft LX7 dead rail
Old 9th February 2013
Gear interested

Soundcraft LX7 dead rail

Greetings fellow audio geeksters. I have a first version Soundcraft Spirit LX7 24:4:2 monitor board. After several years of neglect (storage, not abuse) I find that upon power-up only on of the ±17V rail LED indicator lights up. Angling the board and a discrete whack to the side makes the second rail indicator flicker. I've found some information indicating that the PSU uses a ribbon connector that desolders over time from the main board due to cable stress (cheapo build). I remember this to be a pretty decent board when I bought it fifteen years ago. My question is: Is there any way I could replace-resolder-substitute the ribbon cable and/or connector? I have mid-level tech repair and maintenance skills and I'm handy with a soldering iron. I'm definitely not sending it to Soundcraft for service, but it seems kind of like a waste to let it just go to hell. Any advice would be great.
Loading mentioned products ...

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search