The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Harrison 2824 restoration complete! Modular Synthesizers
Old 9th September 2015
Keep in mind. These consoles were built to order. There is a basic schematic but, It can vary a lot depending on modifications done at the factory. The best way to get the information you need its to contact Harrison with the serial number of your console. They keep records of EVERY single console they ever built. The manual and schematics will cost you as they dont have them in electronic format for the old stuff and they have to copy it physically from paper. I feel its worth it if you plan on keeping/restoring your console. My desk had a mod done with an added circuit board that allowed the desk to write more advanced automation than stock, not something I use now, but the card still passes audio in certain Status modes and not having the documentation to figure it out on my own would have been a nightmare.
Old 10th September 2015
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrymetalguy View Post
Keep in mind. These consoles were built to order. There is a basic schematic but, It can vary a lot depending on modifications done at the factory. The best way to get the information you need its to contact Harrison with the serial number of your console. They keep records of EVERY single console they ever built. The manual and schematics will cost you as they dont have them in electronic format for the old stuff and they have to copy it physically from paper. I feel its worth it if you plan on keeping/restoring your console. My desk had a mod done with an added circuit board that allowed the desk to write more advanced automation than stock, not something I use now, but the card still passes audio in certain Status modes and not having the documentation to figure it out on my own would have been a nightmare.
I have only two modules!!! I am not building a console.
I want only to rack them.

My Technician can figure it out the inputs and outputs without docs but it will take time. He just asked to find a diagram if possible.
Harrisons just have been ignoring and not answering my emails for years.

If you have the same modules, please give some info

Here are pics of my modules:
Новости
Old 10th September 2015
I looked at your pictures. Yes, I have modules like this with the Jenson input transformers. However, apon closer inspection of your pics I noticed that the VCA cards are missing from your modules. That is going to make it difficult to use the fader on that module. I have heard that Jim Williams has done some mods to bypass them but I am unclear if you will need to make a circuit board to do so. I do have a schematic sheet for the module. however it has not been digitized yet. I will see what i can do to help.
Old 10th September 2015
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrymetalguy View Post
I looked at your pictures. Yes, I have modules like this with the Jenson input transformers. However, apon closer inspection of your pics I noticed that the VCA cards are missing from your modules. That is going to make it difficult to use the fader on that module. I have heard that Jim Williams has done some mods to bypass them but I am unclear if you will need to make a circuit board to do so. I do have a schematic sheet for the module. however it has not been digitized yet. I will see what i can do to help.
I don't need a fader...
If you could take a pic even on your cell phone and send to me it would be wonderful. My email is [email protected]
I will also help you if am able to in future.

I have a lot of various gear and I tested a lot.
Old 26th February 2018
Here for the gear
whaow

amazing work; i am working on my mr3 actually, and i learn many things. you seem to know very well the harrison consoles...so if you have time to give me some advice it would be nice. I'm from france and very hard to find info here.
Thank you and congratulations. at least it gives me the hope to realise a good restauration.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search