The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
¡¡happy new summing!!
Old 4th August 2016
Gear Maniac

¡Here it is!

Hi All!

Here are some pictures of the final prototype pre-series unit.

Features:

32+2 Stereo inputs (16 stereo pairs) in DB25 format + 2 stereo jacks
2+2 XLR outputs 2 for mix out and 2 for monitor into an external monitor controller.

Balanced half normalled insert send -return
Blend Insert control & switch

Selectable output type: Line driver or Trafo (Lundahl LL2811)
Master Volume level control.( 10db)

Jay X

http://azel909.webnode.com/mikrosum/

LINKS TO AUDIO TRACKS ¡Feel the mojo!

https://soundcloud.com/azel909/mikro...azel909-el-mar TRANSFORMER OUTPUT

https://soundcloud.com/azel909/mikro...azel909-el-mar LINE DRIVER OUTPUT
Attached Thumbnails
¡¡happy new summing!!-front-angle-left.jpg   ¡¡happy new summing!!-front-panel-controls.jpg   ¡¡happy new summing!!-inside-top.jpg   ¡¡happy new summing!!-rear-panel-labels.jpg  

Last edited by JAY X; 7th October 2016 at 12:16 PM.. Reason: added links to audio tracks
Old 1st December 2016
Gear Maniac

Hi All!

A long time since my last post...

Finally yesterday i could test the MIKROSUM summing mixer in a professional studio: Estudis Ground | Residential Recording Studio at Cornellà del Terri, a little town nearby Girona. The control room features an ARK console installed by malcom toft...a great range of compressors: DBx, distressors, and 500 series preamps, eq's.. and of course Protools and SSL MADI converters.

So i run over there, installed the MIKROSUM, and run 24 channels of a protools session already recorded. The track was kind of reggae, pop... and as the summing inputs work at unity gain, all what was needed is to set the output level of the summing mixer, to get a good signal level at the stereo inputs of the converters. No need to change any level of the session tracks. Just different bus output to get into the suming inputs.

The sound of the Mikrosum was great and we could compare the Line driver/Trafo output, and both gave interesting tones results.

I really felt alleviated!! because of all the time invested in developing this audio project, months of worries are all gone!!. Now it becomes more clear i'm in the right track!!

Expect further infos about price (895 Euros) and availability and more audio tests!!

Thanks a lot!!
Jay x
Attached Thumbnails
¡¡happy new summing!!-mksm-installed-jpg.jpg   ¡¡happy new summing!!-mksm-studio-view-jpg.jpg  

Last edited by JAY X; 20th March 2017 at 04:59 PM.. Reason: pictures added
Old 22nd March 2017
Gear Maniac

¡Hi!

new website: Mikrosum

Feel free to contact thru the email or online form!! and also download the broshure and user manual!!.

¡More info comming soon!
Old 8th November 2017
Gear Maniac

Mikrosum new version

¡Hi geeks!

I've been modifying my summing mixer to add a monitor section with talkback.

LIST OF NEW FEATURES:

16 INPUTS IN DB25 FORMAT ( 8 STEREO OR 6 STEREO + 4 MONO)
DAW MONITOR INPUT 3/4 TRS BALANCED

MONITOR 3/4 OUTPUT TRS BALANCED
MONITOR 1/2 OUTPUT XLR BALANCED

MIX OUTPUT 1/2 XLR BALANCED

CUE INPUT STEREO UNBALANCED
CUE OUTPUT STEREO UNBALAN

HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER

DAW MONITOR SOURCE TO MIX SWITCH TO WORK AS AN EXPANSION INPUT

STEREO VUMETER

Here is a picture of the front panel:

Enjoy!
JAY X
Attached Thumbnails
¡¡happy new summing!!-mikrosum-v2-copia.jpg  
Old 18th November 2017
Lives for gear

Great job!
How would you describe the sound? "open", "punchy", how about the high end, the lows etc?

for example, API has a much more mid-range focused sound, SSL is very transparent but punchy, Neve is more about a softened, smoothed up sound etc
Old 20th November 2017
Gear Maniac

Hi Progmatic!

About the sound of the Mikrosum, It is clearly open with a wide stereo image. The electronic balanced outputs are a bit more clear in the highs vs the Lundahl transformer output, which rounds a bit the highs. The low end is punchy ¡yeah!.

I profit this post to say that i made some slight changes to the design, without changing the faceplate distribution:

HEADPHONE SECTION:

ARTIST/SOURCE -----> CUE/SOURCE

MONITOR SECTION:

2t or Daw to mix ----> CUE TO MIX

INPUTS/OUTPUTS:

16 inputs on two db25 connectors

4 inputs on a third db25 connnector that holds also stereo CUE inputs/outputs

Monitor 3/4 outputs on balanced TRS.

So, in total yo can have 20 inputs:

10 stereo pairs or

7 stereo pairs + 6 mono inputs

Now i'm going to etch some prototype boards for all these new features....

JAY X
Old 20th June 2018
Gear Maniac

Hi!

¡Sorry for the lack of communication for the last months!

I had to re-think the project, and as a result, i hope to present a new version as soon as possible... In fact i have finished a prototype, in testing phase by now, and pending for other details.

JAY X
Old 9th February 2019
Gear Maniac

My Own little Namm

Hi All!

Finally after a year of work, i made a new summing mixer version:

NANOSUM 16

LIST OF FEATURES.

• 16 stereo balanced inputs in DB25 Tascam®/Protools® format.

• Inputs 1-8 configurable in Mono/Stereo by front panel switch.
(8 mono inputs total).

• Big potentiometer for precise control of master volume.

• 2+2 balanced outputs, TRS, for MIX OUT and multed MONITOR OUT (to an external monitor controller).

• Selectable BLEND circuit, with potentiometer for paralell processing of master insert. (Pre-fader).

• Insert points in the main outputs, TRS, unbalanced and half-normalled.

• Power led.

• 18VA AC external transformer(Alternate current) included.
2 years labor warranty.

It is still a prototype, and i have to make some tests/recordings at professional studios, and some videos too.

Feel free to comment or contact.

Nanosum 16 English :: Mikrosum
Attached Thumbnails
¡¡happy new summing!!-ns16-front-angle.jpg   ¡¡happy new summing!!-ns16-rear-angle.jpg  

Last edited by JAY X; 28th March 2019 at 11:16 AM..
Old 21st February 2019
Gear Maniac

Hi!

I have new features for the Nanosum 16.

I have re-designed the board of the monitor outputs so that, through internal jumpers, wiring and some resistors, they become expansion inputs. In this way you can have 48 inputs (24 stereo pairs) or 24 mono inputs + 12 stereo pairs. All summed, and with a stereo output MIX OUT.

But of course, when sacrificing monitor outputs, in principle you would have to monitor the mix through the audio interface inputs ... in principle.

Until it occurred to me that I could install some internal connectors to make a multed output of monitors, and get it out through a new hole in the back panel. So finally 48 inputs can be monitored with a pair of 1/4 stereo jacks.

Jay X.

Nanosum 16 English :: Mikrosum
Old 27th February 2019
Gear Maniac

Nanosum 16 stereo mix 16 channels

Hi All!

Here you have a link to a track that I have composed. I mixed it in Harrison Mixbus (levels and panoramas) and some compression in the bass. I also put some compression on the master bus of NANOSUM16. Some 3db of gain reduction. The compressor is a Dbx 266xl.

The 4 Mixbus stereo output buses, (multed), go to inputs 1-8 and 9-16 of the active Summing mixer NANOSUM16, which performs the final mix in stereo, which is recorded again in Mixbus.

A detail: Since my audio interface (Behringer UMC1820) only has 8 outputs + 2 master outputs, I have multed the 8 outputs with a special cable that I made with 25-way ribbon cable and DB25 male and female connectors. In this way I can duplicate, triple or quadruple the outputs of the audio interface. In this case, I have duplicated them.

The average level of the Mix is not too high: -7.5 dbu approx. The track ends with a fade out. It has been a while since I mixed a song of my own, there is no EQ, just some compression in some instruments. What interests me most is the balance of levels of the L and R channels, and the stereo image.

I hope you like it.

Mikrosum

NANOSUM16 MIX 1 CH 1 - 16 by AZEL909 | Free Listening on SoundCloud
Old 28th February 2019
Gear Maniac

Nanosum 16 mix 2 2 mono + 3 stereo buses

Hi!

New mix with NANOSUM 16. This time in Cubase SX3.

Bass drum and bass in MONO channels. Other instruments in 3 stereo buses.
Likewise, parallel compression of the master bus at 70%. Compressor: Dbx266xl.

Attached is a picture with statistics capture of the stereo file. Volume, dbu, etc.

I hope you like it,

Mikrosum

NANOSUM16 MIX 2 2 MONO TRACKS + 3 STEREO BUSES by AZEL909 | Free Listening on SoundCloud
Attached Thumbnails
¡¡happy new summing!!-ns16-mix-2-2-mono-3-stereo.jpg  
Old 22nd March 2019
Gear Maniac

Hi!

I would like to have some feedback/opinions about the Nanosum16. If you have any questions, please chime in!!

Jay x

Last edited by JAY X; 28th March 2019 at 11:17 AM..
Old 25th June 2019
Gear Maniac

Hi!

I'm currently making some modifications to the prototype, including a new front panel. I also retired the demo tracks i uploaded, i expect to replace them soon after finishing the modifications and run new audio tests.

Jay x
Old 5th September 2019
Gear Maniac

Hi!

After some modifications the final features will be the following:

NANOSUM 16 FINAL LIST OF FEATURES.

• Half rack size width (9,5" front panel + 9,5" rackmount kit).
(The case is smaller than 9,5")

• 2 TRS balanced expansion inputs, with a routing switch in the front panel.

• 16 stereo balanced inputs in DB25 Tascam®/Protools® format.

• Inputs 1-4 configurable in Mono/Stereo by front panel switch.
(4 mono inputs total). Inputs 5-8 remain in stereo.

• Big potentiometer for precise control of master volume.

• 2+2 balanced outputs, TRS, for MIX OUT and multed MONITOR OUT (to an external monitor controller).

• Selectable BLEND circuit, with potentiometer for paralell processing of master insert. (Pre-fader).

• Insert points in the main outputs, TRS, unbalanced and half-normalled.

• Power led.

• 18VA AC external transformer(Alternate current) included.

• 2 years labor warranty.

MSRP: 605 Euros VAT included.

+info, availability, any question, : https://mikrosum.webnode.es/nanosum-16-english/

Last edited by JAY X; 14 hours ago at 05:48 PM.. Reason: added info
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search