The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
DIYRE CP5 troubleshooting
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

DIYRE CP5 troubleshooting

Just built a couple CP5's. They sound good, but when I plug in a Coulour module they no longer pass signal.

Also, one of them was working then made a pop and was hissing an unusable. Now it won't pass signal at all and when I turn up the gain at the highest setting it is making an audible high pitched tone. I don't know if that is typical for a part that has been damaged.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbergjunk View Post
Just built a couple CP5's. They sound good, but when I plug in a Coulour module they no longer pass signal.

Also, one of them was working then made a pop and was hissing an unusable. Now it won't pass signal at all and when I turn up the gain at the highest setting it is making an audible high pitched tone. I don't know if that is typical for a part that has been damaged.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff
Look over all your Electrolytic Capacitor and make sure their polarity is correct. if just one is wrong it may be damaged and needs replaced.
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Thanks Rick. I will double check
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear

UPDATE: I had two preamps that were having problems. With the help of DIYRE support, it was suggested that I check all solder joints carefully. He even used pics I sent to illustrate which type of issue to hunt down. I repaired many of them for a third time and one of the preamps is now functioning properly. The other one is working, but is still not passing signal when the Colour module is engaged. I will make an attempt to hunt down that issue by looking at those points involved in that circuit. Sufficed to say, I need to work on soldering skills. Still this has been a worthwhile project.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear