The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Event ASP8 revisions
Old 14th February 2020
Here for the gear

Event ASP8 revisions

Hello gurus,

I've picked up a pair of used Event ASP8 monitors. The guy said they were working fine but one was a tiny bit quieter. I thought OK, I can fix that. Now I've opened them up and found out that the PCBs are of different revisions and made at least a year apart from each other. However, visually I couldn't really spot any difference. Does anyone know where I could find information on the differences between the revisions? I suspect these two were never supposed to be a pair...

Thanks!
Old 15th February 2020
Lives for gear

They used to have a factory in Santa Barbara but were bought out by Rodes microphone company a few years back. You might check that city for a listing. Also, the Guitarcenter people got me some replacement electronics a few years back when they carried the model in store, might check to see if your local store has any influence. The original electronics boards were subject to over-heating which is why you might have alternate versions. They resolved the problem with a different design and component changes. That's all I have.

Update: They still have a web site under the old name at www.eventelectronics.com. You might check out the support section.
Old 15th February 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldone View Post
They used to have a factory in Santa Barbara but were bought out by Rodes microphone company a few years back. You might check that city for a listing. Also, the Guitarcenter people got me some replacement electronics a few years back when they carried the model in store, might check to see if your local store has any influence. The original electronics boards were subject to over-heating which is why you might have alternate versions. They resolved the problem with a different design and component changes. That's all I have.

Update: They still have a web site under the old name at www.eventelectronics.com. You might check out the support section.
Thanks a lot! I will see what I can find...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search