The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Rode NT2 capsule transplant from OKTAVA mk319
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Rode NT2 capsule transplant from OKTAVA mk319

Hi all, first post and not 100% sure if it’s the right forum, couldn’t find anything on this exact topic. In my mic collection I’ve got a couple of Oktava MK319s and a Rode NT2 (original). I carried out the often discussed physical mods on one of the oktavas (remove inner grill and rings from the capsule, dampen the body for resonance) and am pleased with the result. I would love to do the more complex electronic mods but it’s a bit beyond me. From some reading I’ve found that the electronics of the NT2 are well regarded, but that the use of a K67 style capsule is a bit of a mismatch. I was thinking that I could maybe take the capsule from the oktava and put it into the Rode, as I believe it’s higher quality and a K-47 style.

What’s the thoughts on this? Any watchouts or tips? Am I just wasting my time?

Shame to lose the omni directional function on the NT2 but I never use it. Key concern is of course trashing 2 perfectly functioning and decent mics!

Cheers in advance!

Last edited by Rich1111; 2 weeks ago at 11:29 AM.. Reason: Typo

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search