The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Designing and commissioning a custom insert router with attenuators
Old 13th June 2019
Designing and commissioning a custom insert router with attenuators

Hi. I already posted this over at GroupDIY, but I’m not familiar with the forum and i feel totally clueless. Anyway, I have designed a router, which I think would be really useful for my workflow. its all passive, so originally I thought I could take a crack at it, but it’s probably a bit too complicated for someone as inexperienced as me. Basically I would like to employ someone to build this for me, but I don’t even know where to find the right person. Maybe someone here can offer some input.

The unit will contain 6 identical channels. Each channel will have a dual mono input coming mic pres, a stereo Input from the DAW, a stereo insert send and receive, and two stereo outputs. There will be a switch to select whether the mic pre or DAW signals go to the insert and stereo attenuator for the DAW signals and dual mono attenuators for the mic pres. Two further switches determine what is fed to the two stereo outputs.

Each channel will be the same size as a two slot 500 series module. I’d like it to look a bit like Tree Audio’s 3 In the Tree. Hopefully you get the idea of what I’m trying to achieve from the diagrams.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Designing and commissioning a custom insert router with attenuators-3a76fb65-ae40-4e72-92c0-dfdc518359e5.jpg   Designing and commissioning a custom insert router with attenuators-5a0d0476-f6f5-4c76-9c5c-47c1511d643a.png  

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search