The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Roland R-70 help connecting sliders
Old 30th December 2018
Here for the gear

Roland R-70 help connecting sliders

Hello,

I am repairing a Roland R-70 drum machine. It is missing both volume and value sliders and the board for the sliders. All else (minus missing button or two) seems to work.

I have sourced the new slide potentiometers (unless someone has them for sale cheaper ) -(syntaur has them for $20), however I am at a loss on how to connect these without the circuit board. A circuit diagram or good photo of one someone has could help. I have wire/connector which would plug into the plug on circuit board.

Really I only want to get this funtioning for the volume —— the value pot. I do not care about - just need to get it to a stable state (so it is not changing values).

Any help is appreciated

Maciej
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackoscout View Post
Hello,

I am repairing a Roland R-70 drum machine. It is missing both volume and value sliders and the board for the sliders. All else (minus missing button or two) seems to work.

I have sourced the new slide potentiometers (unless someone has them for sale cheaper ) -(syntaur has them for $20), however I am at a loss on how to connect these without the circuit board. A circuit diagram or good photo of one someone has could help. I have wire/connector which would plug into the plug on circuit board.

Really I only want to get this funtioning for the volume —— the value pot. I do not care about - just need to get it to a stable state (so it is not changing values).

Any help is appreciated

Maciej
Cześć Maciej!

Is this actual? I'm planning to replace potentiometers on my R70 and can make pictures for you.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Heya!

Well, I did manage to replace these but the unit still did not work well. I sold it for parts and moved on to other projects.

Let me
Know if I can help, I do not recall it being too difficult, I just was not 100% sure of connections.
There is someone selling the new potentiometers which are not too expensive.

Daj znać jak się uda wymiana

Maciek
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Actually it turned out that my pots do not fit holes in the PCB

I think that this pot might work well as a value pot, but I was not able to find suitable replacement for the volume pot on their website: https://www.synth-parts.com/en/produ...0x10a14?c=1794

If you know who is selling replacement pots, would you please share the info how to order them?

Dziękuję
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I used the same part for both volume and value, so maybe that is why it did not work out.

Unfortunately I am not sure where you can get other parts for this. Maybe try asking Roland directly?

Good Luck with the project.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear