The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Trying to fix a Tremolo Unit Models 10T4 speaker
Old 29th November 2018
Gear Head

Trying to fix a Tremolo Unit Models 10T4 speaker

I’ve acquired this speaker for free and am trying to fix it up. I know just enough about this sort of thing to be dangerous (lol). I’ve basically got three sets of two wires I need to get wired up. The set of audio wires I can handle, that makes sense to me. On the electrical side of things, which appear to power the motor, I could use some help and advice. I’ve got them both pictured. My question is, what do I need to do to them to get this thing turning! They appear to be involved in the motor for the thing, but I can’t seem to figure out how to make this whole thing go. I know it’s a broad question, but some advice would be greatly appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Trying to fix a Tremolo Unit Models 10T4 speaker-fadcfadb-9a63-435b-b329-046ce8ed3d32.jpg   Trying to fix a Tremolo Unit Models 10T4 speaker-74c0f40e-1a80-4233-b3d7-256c6d3c2383.jpg   Trying to fix a Tremolo Unit Models 10T4 speaker-05c4c6c4-e482-4ba3-b815-86838f507d07.jpg   Trying to fix a Tremolo Unit Models 10T4 speaker-77a6d7a1-bca6-45c6-84a3-ceac0710a5e2.jpg  

Last edited by GOStudioNC; 1st December 2018 at 04:04 PM.. Reason: Pictures didn’t attach
Old 9th February 2019
Here for the gear

Did you ever figure out the wiring? I'm about to tear down 2 Silvertone (Thomas) organs which contain this tremolo. I can probobly draw up a wiring diagram as I remove them. But maybe you've figured it out already. -Mike from Michigan
Old 9th February 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean of Decibels View Post
Did you ever figure out the wiring? I'm about to tear down 2 Silvertone (Thomas) organs which contain this tremolo. I can probobly draw up a wiring diagram as I remove them. But maybe you've figured it out already. -Mike from Michigan
I did not ever figure it out, its just been collecting dust currently! If you wouldn't mind, it would seriously be greatly appreciated!
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear