The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
REV7 new screen issue
Old 6th November 2018
Here for the gear

REV7 new screen issue

I put an LED screen in an old REV7. Its working, but the background isn't getting as black as it should, and a grid-like outline is formed around each charachter.
There is a split second when powering down where the background looks correct.
I'm hoping it's a tell-tale sign if needing a resistor or needing to remove an inverter, wich are both things I've heard of but don't fully understand how to know when it's needed.
Any wisdom on the subject would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!

Edit: pretty sure it's not a resistor since the screen is 5V, and that's what it is getting. I still don't understand inverters, but a Japanese blog post on the subject was leaving the backlight connector unplugged and using a jumper from pin 1 and 2.
YAMAHA「REV7」の液晶ディスプレイ交換♪ | NOZ'''s Stylish Sound♪

I did burn through a few screens before realizing the backlight power needs to go to pin 15 & 16. I'm pretty sure the first screen didn't have the grid, and made a pop when it burned out. The other 2 screens that burned-out didn't make the popping sound. The grid exists even with a failed backlight.
I'm starting to suspect something went wrong on the main board. Probably the little resistors that control contrast...
Attached Thumbnails
REV7 new screen issue-20181105_232819_burst01.jpg  
Old 11th November 2018
Here for the gear

Took a trimpot out of a RX15 and replaced the last resistor feeding into pin3. That solved it

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search