The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Solar to midi?
Old 23rd September 2018
Here for the gear

Solar to midi?

I have a mini solar panel (0.2 watts). How can I turn the output (between 1 and 7 volts depending on the light) into midi CC messages (0-127)?
Someone mentioned Teensy, is one of those what I need?
Teensy USB Development Board
I am no electronics expert but my soldering is adequate.
Old 23rd September 2018
Gear Head

I like to think my electronics is pretty reasonable, but I'm at a loss to think how that board system would help - you don't want USB do you? You want MIDI? So you'd need to build a voltage to MIDI conversion, then a MIDI to USB, and produce a suitable driver so the computer would be able to access the MIDI data? Would something like the products used to convert synth CV to MIDI be more useful? You'd need to just use a resistor divider to drop the 7 volts to something more akin to that used on synths - but it could be a way in. You could probably also use a Raspberry Pi or something if you can write code? Kenton Pro CV to MIDI
Old 23rd September 2018
Here for the gear

I want MIDI, I already have a MIDI to USB converter that seems to work... I was hoping I could just use some $20 chip (Raspberry Pi sounds a good idea, I'll look into it)
Old 23rd September 2018
Here for the gear

So Arduino it is then, I ordered a REV3 clone... I'm sure I'll be back with more questions!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search