The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mci jh16 1975 Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 15th September 2018
Gear Head

Mci jh16 1975

I am restoring a 75 MCI JH-100 and looking for some parts .... starting with power cord.. I know it’s standard but round female receptacle is smaller. 1 1/4” OD and if I made one all the over counter are 1 5/8 “. I’ll have a list shortly just want to pull at the cards and get voltage readings. re-capping, re-flowing solder, new transistors for power in the works today.
Attached Thumbnails
Mci jh16 1975-317f5655-81d1-474e-a395-08de8fbf3345.jpg  
Old 16th September 2018
Lives for gear

power cord

options:

1. find a power cord from a piece of vintage General Radio test equipment.
2. drill out the receptacle and install an IEC connector.
3. go to a thrift store and buy a power cord from an old Kirby vacuum cleaner,
it might cost you a dollar.
if your Ft. Lauderdale contraption is grounded to console/A2D via cable shields,
don't fret about the lack of the 3rd pin. the contingent of grounders will probably voice their concern.
4. many of the readily available 3 wire extension power cords can be modified to fit by cutting off the plastic/rubber protrusion.
Old 16th September 2018
Gear Head

Lol my contraption is happy to hear you !! I’ll start the Kirby vacuum cord search in the morning!
Old 22nd September 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickstar44 View Post
I am restoring a 75 MCI JH-100 and looking for some parts .... starting with power cord.. I know it’s standard but round female receptacle is smaller. 1 1/4” OD and if I made one all the over counter are 1 5/8 “. I’ll have a list shortly just want to pull at the cards and get voltage readings. re-capping, re-flowing solder, new transistors for power in the works today.
I always used one of these (or similar) Amazon.com: ClearMax OVSPLUG10PK 1-Feet Power Strip Outlet Extender/Outlet Saver/Power Extension Cable - 10 Pack: Home Audio & Theater and cut then sand down the rubber tip. Seems to work fine. FWIW
Old 5 days ago
Gear Head

Voltage Question MCI JH-100

Im trouble shooting my JH-100 all voltages check out good except the +5 VDC when I test its reading 0.500 VDC and then decreases slowly from the mother board, 'feeding the lamp driver board" same from the capstan servo plug J66 from the power plug J69, the +8 VDC reads 12.5 VDC I'm paying for Steve Sadler's support in Jan but want to throw it out here..
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search