The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Stains on microphone casing, how do i remove them? Condenser Microphones
Old 19th June 2018
Here for the gear

Stains on microphone casing, how do i remove them?

Not too sure what im doing on gearslutz so sorry if this is in the wrong place!

I recently bought an AT3035 on ebay and it came with big yellow-ish stains on the front and back, which werent made clear at all in the listing. The seller claims there are no stains on the microphone and he never saw them but they are obvious!

Does anybody know what they are from and/or how I can remove them?

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Stains on microphone casing, how do i remove them?-s-l1600.jpg   Stains on microphone casing, how do i remove them?-s-l1600-1-.jpg  
Old 22nd September 2018
Beer stains???, Start with something like lighter fluid to see if it will remove the stain. If it is more "organic" then try something like 409 on a rag. I would also use a "magic" eraser with water but try it on an inconspicuous part of the microphone and don't rub hard. Best of luck!
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search