The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Time Lapse of HG-2 Assembly
Old 28th March 2016
Gear Addict

Time Lapse of HG-2 Assembly

Greetings,

I positioned my Iphone to look down at me while I assemble a Black Box Analog Design HG2. If it really did come together this fast. . . . .

Old 29th March 2016

I really like to do this some day,... still got a lot to learn though
Old 29th March 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozmik Prod. View Post

I really like to do this some day,... still got a lot to learn though
Greetings,

I only know what I've forced myself to do. Choose something you want to build - mic pre, summing amp, eq or whatever and let nothing stand in your way. Do it regardless of the time or cost - try everything.

Our background as audio engineers give us a head start like racecar drivers designing their own cars. Use it to your advantage.
Old 29th March 2016
Yes, I build lots of things...

At the moment I've taken on this crazy project, building the ultimate analog drummachine... but this could never be a commercial product as it will cost about $ 25.000,- to build one (hours, I'm not that fast)

I would have to streamline my workflow and cost to make anything profitable,... now I just hate that word, I don't care for profit, I only care for beautifull things, but I have to make a living somehow.

The hardest part is to get all your parts in time... and the "won't ship to Netherlands" @#$%^&*&^%$#!!!! aaaaaaargh !
Old 29th March 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozmik Prod. View Post
and the "won't ship to Netherlands" @#$%^&*&^%$#!!!! aaaaaaargh !
That explains it. I lived in Germany for 5 years and getting anything done was a nightmare. I moved back to the United States because opening a studio in Frankfurt appeared to be an insurmountable task. The postal authorities were the worst. They demanded "taxes" on everything. They went through all of the mail.

Has it gotten any better? This was the mid '90's
Old 29th March 2016
Still the same I'm affraid... and shipping costs can get very high, in the end you've paid more on shipping than the actual parts cost.

And goodies, it gets harder and harder to find the real goodies.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search