The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

RM-5 is a purely hand-crafted ribbon microphone, featuring hand-made and individually tuned ribbon motor with a 2" ribbon made of highest quality Japanese 2.5 micron thick aluminum foil. US-made output transformer with Q80 nickel core is used for minimum distortion and premium signal clarity. Signal level to output impedance balance is optimal to allow using the microphone with most of reasonable quality budget preamps. Body is locally machined of fine grade stainless steel tubing with attention to all the details and mechanically matt-polished for its signature appearance. The final assembly is performed by well trained technician, each microphone is individually tested in both laboratory and studio environments.

Discussions

Ribbons - That was unexpected

...all. Got the idea when I saw this incredibly sophisticated piece of equipment: It perfectly fits to block one side of my Diyac RM-5 ribbon mic, and I guess it would probably fit a Royer 121 also, or close at least. Here's what it sounds like. First pass is without the insulation, second pass is the back...

View Post

Share your "Glyn Johns" drum recordings

https://youtu.be/HS4Ql9ZsUXw Bumblebee RM-5 ribbons as overheads, Mic and Mod U47 clone kick out, Beta 52 kick in, Beyerdynamic M201 on the snares.

View Post

Bumblebee RM-6

I did not see the tape pickers of artur fisher on the site, there is the RM-5 but especially the RM-6 which is of excellent quality and whose rendering on folks guitars and particularly classical guitars and Flamenco is warm, lively, with a lot of presence and with a medium register not accentuated. so...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?