The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Deal & offer discussion - get more information/clarification here
Old 26th November 2015
Old 27th November 2015
Lives for gear

Black Friday sucks a bit in UK when it comes to Hardware, I can see some popular USA based shops offering interesting discounts on some hardware synths, but in UK/Europe I have not seen any music shop offering Black Friday discounts on Hardware Synth.

Any of you guys saw any in UK/EUROPE?
Old 31st December 2015
Gear Nut

Guitar Center 20% off coupon offers info

Just a note to those considering buying something at Guitar Center.

I used the 20% off coupon for an RME Babyface Pro; that made it a great deal at $600. But, dealing with Guitar Center, there's a hidden cost.

I put the order in on October 17th; got an email within a week or two that it was backordered. That's fine, I was in no rush. I found out RME had some issues with manufacturing quality from their Chinese factory and had to ship all the units from the first batch back to have things corrected. I was glad to wait to insure the higher quality of the units, especially since RME is known for quality.

Then time passed into late November, early December, and then near Christmas time. Not a word from Guitar Center. They have no system in place to keep in contact with people waiting for backordered merchandise.

So I called customer service to get info on the order. First operator claimed it was a Paypal issue that caused me to get dropped from the first shipment that went out. Considering there were production quality issues I didn't mind, but she admitted that they didn't contact me to notify me of that fact after the supposed "problem". I doubt there was a problem with Paypal, I use it constantly and have never had an issue with it.

She told me I would have to switch my mode of payment. I resisted this and called and spoke with a different operator several days later that checked and said that the payment was fine, there was no issue, and that I would receive the order as soon as new product came in. I called back several days later (about Dec 23rd) to see when new stock would be coming in; the operator stated that it was in and that it would go out the same day, I would be receiving an email to that effect soon. Just called back today; operator stated that wasn't true, and when I asked to speak to manager about all these issues I was told that no managers were in, they all took time off after the holidays were over!

Anyway, a long way to say please be careful ordering from Guitar Center; they have a really amateur customer service system that constantly drops the ball, blatantly lies to get you off the phone, doesn't communicate with the customers, and offers no way to resolve customer service issues. Those 20% off coupons have a hidden cost, and be sure your time and frustration are worth the cost of those savings!
Old 11th March 2016
Here for the gear

Old 12th March 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by danehead View Post
MCDSP Emerald Pack Native Plug In Bundle (Pro Tools LE/M Powered) | SamAsh

whats up with this MCDSP bundle?? why is it so cheap? just wondering if anyone else has purchased or heard of this deal and if its worth having on macbook running PT11
Looks like the old box package. It also shows it is already registered on its own old ilok, so no AAX support for new PT11/12, also no AU or VST support. For being compatible you should pay a fee per plugin yo MCDSP.
Old 12th March 2016
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by heraldo_jones View Post
Looks like the old box package. It also shows it is already registered on its own old ilok, so no AAX support for new PT11/12, also no AU or VST support. For being compatible you should pay a fee per plugin yo MCDSP.
Thanks for the reply! I was confused about the packaging because it doesnt say 'V5' or 'V6' like the available bundles on MCDSP's website. I figured it was out dated -_-
Old 28th April 2016
Here for the gear

really bad stuffs!!!

Sometimes it is better to have a better store working with you. and you are right. Workers at GC are not trained and don't know what they are doing. Most of the time is better to go with a small company, it is easy to talk to the manager and even the owner. I am telling you No guitar cente for me!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zencatt View Post

I used the 20% off coupon for an RME Babyface Pro; that made it a great deal at $600. But, dealing with Guitar Center, there's a hidden cost.

I put the order in on October 17th; got an email within a week or two that it was backordered. That's fine, I was in no rush. I found out RME had some issues with manufacturing quality from their Chinese factory and had to ship all the units from the first batch back to have things corrected. I was glad to wait to insure the higher quality of the units, especially since RME is known for quality.

Then time passed into late November, early December, and then near Christmas time. Not a word from Guitar Center. They have no system in place to keep in contact with people waiting for backordered merchandise.

So I called customer service to get info on the order. First operator claimed it was a Paypal issue that caused me to get dropped from the first shipment that went out. Considering there were production quality issues I didn't mind, but she admitted that they didn't contact me to notify me of that fact after the supposed "problem". I doubt there was a problem with Paypal, I use it constantly and have never had an issue with it.

She told me I would have to switch my mode of payment. I resisted this and called and spoke with a different operator several days later that checked and said that the payment was fine, there was no issue, and that I would receive the order as soon as new product came in. I called back several days later (about Dec 23rd) to see when new stock would be coming in; the operator stated that it was in and that it would go out the same day, I would be receiving an email to that effect soon. Just called back today; operator stated that wasn't true, and when I asked to speak to manager about all these issues I was told that no managers were in, they all took time off after the holidays were over!

Anyway, a long way to say please be careful ordering from Guitar Center; they have a really amateur customer service system that constantly drops the ball, blatantly lies to get you off the phone, doesn't communicate with the customers, and offers no way to resolve customer service issues. Those 20% off coupons have a hidden cost, and be sure your time and frustration are worth the cost of those savings!
Old 23rd November 2016
Here for the gear

Melodyne Deals On Black Friday?

Does anyone know if celemony offers any melodyne deals on Black Friday?
Old 24th November 2016
Lives for food

What's the deal with EVERY post except one being for software?????

Anyway, if you're in the US, here's a story.......I see c414 XLS's on sale for $730. I send the link to another dealer to match it etc, and dealer B returns a note saying, no way cuz Dealer A is not an akg dealer. Dealer A says "yes we are". I dunno what's what. It's like being in one of those Walmart Black Friday fights over a toaster or something.

I also see some return appearances of the lowly (but I'll say everyone should have a few) MXL R144s at $59 at Pro Stage Lighting.

Anyone else check out the 414 deal?
Old 24th November 2016
Old 24th November 2016
You can get them and use them right away
Old 10th March 2017
Lives for gear
This thread is going nowhere. Is there an other Gearslutz thread to discuss deals?
Old 12th March 2017
Here for the gear

It's like anything, it depends on who you are working with. If you find someone there who knows their ****, you have a golden in. A lot of the smaller chains owners are moving there as their "retirement" as well as some killer touring artists who get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickMusike View Post
Sometimes it is better to have a better store working with you. and you are right. Workers at GC are not trained and don't know what they are doing. Most of the time is better to go with a small company, it is easy to talk to the manager and even the owner. I am telling you No guitar cente for me!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zencatt View Post

Old 12th March 2017
Lives for gear

Our GC had a UA LA2A in their rack for years and years, and I thought it was just a faceplate. Finally they put it on clearance and I bought it, but it didn't work, and UA confirmed it was not under warranty. I returned it (easily) and it sat for a while, they decided not to fix it, and finally they sold it to me again for about 1100 a couple of weeks ago. Throughout the over a year long saga, there were a couple of managers who never forgot about it and kept me updated.

I sent it to UA who fixed it for $150 and I just got it back, and it's awesome. Technically I'm the single owner of a fully serviced LA2A reissue for about $1350 in 2017 (including tax and shipping to UA). So there are still good (great, really) experiences to be had at GC. I agree it's not like it used to be when they could bargain on everything, but I couldn't be happier at this point.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search