The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Deal & offer discussion - get more information/clarification here Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 24th July 2012
  #1
Deal & offer discussion - get more information/clarification here

Need clarification or want to chat about any of the offers posted on our hot deals & sales thread? Please do that here!
Old 27th November 2018
  #2
Here for the gear
 

This is a great deal right? $1,299.00

Universal Audio Apollo Twin MKII QUAD 2x6 Thunderbolt Audio Interface with UAD DSP | Sweetwater

Quote:
Purchase this Apollo Twin Quad at Sweetwater and receive the Neve 1073 Preamp & EQ Collection, Oxide Tape Recorder, Fender ‘55 Tweed Deluxe, Lexicon 224 Digital Reverb, and Galaxy Tape Echo plug-ins free from Universal Audio when you register your new Apollo Twin Quad!
I've been wanting to get into the UAD plugin world, and the included plugins + this promo seems like a reason to finally fork over the cash. I currently have a Focusrite Clarett 8pre, so if I understand everything correctly I should be able to connect that to the Apollo via an ADAT cable in order to use those preamps with the Apollo.

The Included plugins not in the promo are:

Quote:
UA 610‐B Marshall Plexi Classic Amplifier Teletronix LA‐2A Legacy UA 1176LN Legacy UA 1176SE Legacy Pultec EQP‐1A Legacy Pultec Pro Legacy Precision Channel Strip Precision Reflection Engine Precision Delay Modulation Precision Delay Modulation L Raw Distortion Ampeg SVT-VR RealVerb‐Pro
Old 29th November 2018
  #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shvffle View Post
This is a great deal right? $1,299.00

Universal Audio Apollo Twin MKII QUAD 2x6 Thunderbolt Audio Interface with UAD DSP | Sweetwater

Quote:
Purchase this Apollo Twin Quad at Sweetwater and receive the Neve 1073 Preamp & EQ Collection, Oxide Tape Recorder, Fender ‘55 Tweed Deluxe, Lexicon 224 Digital Reverb, and Galaxy Tape Echo plug-ins free from Universal Audio when you register your new Apollo Twin Quad!
I've been wanting to get into the UAD plugin world, and the included plugins + this promo seems like a reason to finally fork over the cash. I currently have a Focusrite Clarett 8pre, so if I understand everything correctly I should be able to connect that to the Apollo via an ADAT cable in order to use those preamps with the Apollo.

The Included plugins not in the promo are:

Quote:
Purchase this Apollo Twin Quad at Sweetwater and receive the Neve 1073 Preamp & EQ Collection, Oxide Tape Recorder, Fender ‘55 Tweed Deluxe, Lexicon 224 Digital Reverb, and Galaxy Tape Echo plug-ins free from Universal Audio when you register your new Apollo Twin Quad!
Cost-wise it seems like a great deal if you actually plan to use the plug-ins.

My $0.02 on each of them:

Neve 1073 Preamp & EQ Collection: Good for tracking, it's resource-heavy so mixing with it will be difficult as you're limited to a handful of instances.

Oxide Tape Recorder: Good for tracking and useful for mixing as it is relatively easy on the DSP.

Fender ‘55 Tweed Deluxe: Awesome plug-in if you're doing stuff that benefits from it i.e. rock/blues guitar.

Lexicon 224 Digital Reverb/Galaxy Tape Echo: High quality effects and useful for many things, but both very "idiosyncratic" and that can go both ways.

Needless to say that the DSP can always be expanded later on with additional cards or satellites, so down the road mixing with that Neve 1073 all over the place may as well be possible. UA offers many other awesome plug-ins and they regularly run deals with discounts, which aren't "huge" Waves-like discounts but are reasonable enough. It's a platform that requires a certain commitment, more than the usual setup with native DSP + regular audio interface.

The Apollo itself sounds very good, two Unison preamps which are cool, great conversion and good mixing console software. If it meets your I/O needs and the plug-ins seem interesting then go for it.

Hope it helps!
Old 17th December 2018
  #4
There's a new posting in the Hot Deals & Sales thread for Toontrack EZkeys Upright Piano for $29.00, good till Dec 21.

Hot Deals & Sales thread (This is not a discussion thread)

I have visited the Plugin Boutique site, signed into my account, and gone so far as to add this to the cart, but this deal never shows up. Is the post in the Hot Deals & Sales thread wrong, or am I missing something?

Any help is most appreciated.
Old 18th December 2018
  #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by no genre View Post
There's a new posting in the Hot Deals & Sales thread for Toontrack EZkeys Upright Piano for $29.00, good till Dec 21.

Hot Deals & Sales thread (This is not a discussion thread)

I have visited the Plugin Boutique site, signed into my account, and gone so far as to add this to the cart, but this deal never shows up. Is the post in the Hot Deals & Sales thread wrong, or am I missing something?

Any help is most appreciated.
Maybe there was a temporary glitch so please give it another try now, I was able to see the $29 price and add to cart without issues.

Just in case, here's the link: EZkeys Upright Piano, EZkeys Upright Piano plugin, buy EZkeys Upright Piano, download EZkeys Upright Piano trial, Toontrack EZkeys Upright Piano

Hope it works - please report back if it doesn't and we'll work it out.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Deal & offer discussion - get more information/clarification here-screen-shot-2018-12-18-12.17.19-pm.jpg   Deal & offer discussion - get more information/clarification here-screen-shot-2018-12-18-12.17.25-pm.jpg  
Old 18th December 2018
  #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogo C View Post
Maybe there was a temporary glitch so please give it another try now, I was able to see the $29 price and add to cart without issues.

Just in case, here's the link: EZkeys Upright Piano, EZkeys Upright Piano plugin, buy EZkeys Upright Piano, download EZkeys Upright Piano trial, Toontrack EZkeys Upright Piano

Hope it works - please report back if it doesn't and we'll work it out.

Cheers
Yes, much appreciated. It's working now. Got it fine.

The Boogie Midi is not the sale price yet, but I'll try again later.
Old 18th December 2018
  #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by no genre View Post
Yes, much appreciated. It's working now. Got it fine.

The Boogie Midi is not the sale price yet, but I'll try again later.
I think we lost that Boogie Midi deal, it was a flash sale (24h) unfortunately. Glad the Upright Piano worked though, seems like a nice one for the money.
Old 18th December 2018
  #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogo C View Post
I think we lost that Boogie Midi deal, it was a flash sale (24h) unfortunately. Glad the Upright Piano worked though, seems like a nice one for the money.
Toontrack is having a special each day this week (Mon to Fri). The Upright Piano was today. Yesterday was Hard Rock drums midi. Maybe the Boogie keys will be tomorrow? We'll see.

If it is or not will be fine.

I enjoy playing around with the EZ Drummer and EZ Keys. They're good enough to humor me, and not expensive when on these annual sales. Whenever they have something this inexpensive, if I don't have it and it interests me, I get it. The Upright Piano is something I'll use frequently.

I appreciate you, Diogo.
Old 18th December 2018
  #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by no genre View Post
Toontrack is having a special each day this week (Mon to Fri). The Upright Piano was today. Yesterday was Hard Rock drums midi. Maybe the Boogie keys will be tomorrow? We'll see.

If it is or not will be fine.

I enjoy playing around with the EZ Drummer and EZ Keys. They're good enough to humor me, and not expensive when on these annual sales. Whenever they have something this inexpensive, if I don't have it and it interests me, I get it. The Upright Piano is something I'll use frequently.

I appreciate you, Diogo.
Toontrack is pretty generous with sales, so we'll probably have other opportunities.

I have lost a few of these 24-hour sales because of different time zones in play, but it's rare to see companies doing "one-time deals" these days and most will re-run promotions throughout the year for obvious reasons. Which reminds that the SDX expansions are currently on sale...

Cheers mate
Old 4 weeks ago
  #10
The Boogie Keys MIDI is the special for today. I just purchased them. Everything turned out hunky dori.
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
minus-sounds.com / Music Business
23
elarreal / Electronic Music Instruments and Electronic Music Production
10
AlexLakis / Music Computers
4
gatekeeper / So much gear, so little time
1

Forum Jump
Forum Jump