The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The dbx 163X rack mounted Compressor/Limiter provides traditional dbx sonic quality and performance for the working musician, DJ, studio operator, or anyone who needs a friendly compressor/limiter/preamp. The 163X incorporates dbx OverEasy compression with soft knee threshold, a patented dbx VCA and human-ear compatible true RMS detection. Key operating parameters are integrated and controlled by a single front panel slide control. After a simple level-set adjustment, the desired amount of compression can be rapidly and easily set or adjusted with the slider- without requiring the adjustment of separate Thershold, Ratio, and Output controls as found on conventional compressors. Front panel inputs allow quick and complete system hookup and operation that can be switched over to instrument or microphone just by "plugging in" to the front panel. This front panel Hi-Z input includes a preamp (with rear panel trim) for bass, guitar, synthesizer or other Hi-Z devices, including a Hi-Z mic (or Lo-Z mic with appropriate transformer). The standard input and output jacks on the rear panel are designed for operation at the line levels from -30dBu to +10dBu.

Discussions

More free stuff....let's do it again!

...the fly), along with my nice little collection of outboard compressors (Valley People Dyna-mite, Gates Solid States Man AGC, dbx 163x, Yamaha GC2020, Empirical Labs Distressor, modded Altec 1612b), my outboard pre/eqs and of course my computer and my ears. I mix in Cockos Reaper, but I can import OMF sessions or convert other formats...

View Post

Why Does 90s House Sound More 'Alive' than Modern Day Retrospective 90s-style House?

...my ears, not my eyes. I didn't have spectrum analyzers or high-pass filters on every channel. I had two DBX 163x cheap compressors with a slider that simply said --> MORE. I didn't have unlimited reverbs and delays at my disposal. It was hardware instruments, going into a Mackie, and if it...

View Post

BEST Budget Home Studio Channel Strips

SM57 > VTB-1 > dbx 163x A solid workable choice for budget rap vox.

View Post