The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

With real analog oscillators, famed Curtis low-pass filters, and analog VCAs, the Prophet ’08 is capable of reproducing the familiar sounds of its legendary predecessors. But modern features like a greatly expanded modulation matrix and additional modulation sources—such as three envelopes and four LFOs per voice—take it way beyond vintage gear and make it a worthy and unique addition to the Prophet family tree. Features include a gated 16 x 4 step sequencer, arpeggiator, split or stacked key modes with separate stereo outputs per layer, and rack ears for optional rack-mounting. The Prophet ’08 module can also be used as an expander to increase the polyphony of another Prophet ’08—keyboard or module—to 16 voices. The Prophet ’08 PE (potentiometer edition) has all the features of the standard Prophet ’08, but many of the front panel’s rotary controls use potentiometers (AKA “pots”) for more “vintage-style” control. (The standard Prophet ’08 primarily uses rotary encoders.) Full-featured polysynth with a 100% analog signal path. Classic, real analog sound—including legendary Curtis analog low-pass filters—married to a modern feature set. Compact size, huge sound. Tons of knobs for direct, real-time editing and performance.

Discussions

DSI: Prophet 08 REV 2

I appreciate your feedback and your impressions between the two Prophet 08 versions. It's good to get a first hand opinion from someone who's owned both. In regards to forming an opinion based on online demos(YouTube and SoundCloud) for me, I've bought quite a bit of equipment based on online demos. This is especially useful if...

View Post

Moog One - old HUGE thread

...component quality and fit-and-finish is really not comparable to a more affordable synth. I got one of the first Prophet 08 and I was very disappointed with it. It felt flimsy and toyish - nothing like the Prophet-5. I called and talked to Dave directly and said, gee, I was hoping it'd...

View Post

Adjusting volume in different registers Prophet 08 DSI

Hi, I am relatively new to the DSI world.. I own the Prophet 08, I am working on some warm pad sounds and the lower to mid register is very loud and apparent, but when i play in the higher register the sound is over powered by the lower register. Does anyone have any...

View Post

Video Guides