The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Analog Rytm by Elektron
Old 21st January 2014
Lives for gear

Analog Rytm by Elektron

Old 21st January 2014
Lives for gear
Indeed looks like a Tempest killer. 8 voice vs 6. Supports samples - and the question is will you be able to upload your own. Knowing Elektron i would guess that's a yes - vs no user samples on the Tempest.
Anyway, even without the whole "vs" - this looks and sounds the biz!
Old 21st January 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahush76 View Post
Indeed looks like a Tempest killer. 8 voice vs 6. Supports samples - and the question is will you be able to upload your own. Knowing Elektron i would guess that's a yes - vs no user samples on the Tempest.
Anyway, even without the whole "vs" - this looks and sounds the biz!
the title of the video says , with sample support
Old 21st January 2014
Lives for gear

Just posted about this in the DSI forum! It looks like they have been looking closely at the tempest - analog comp and distorion on the master!

While Elektron are kicking DSI out of the park with features, let's wait a while and hear some more sounds. Right now, from that video, the sound isn't blowing me away - I know it's early days, but the sound of the tempest is still the strong point for me (and its immediate playability)
Old 21st January 2014
Anyone wants to buy an Octatrack?
Old 21st January 2014
Lives for gear
can't wait to see more, I have a feeling I'm going to be poor.
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiGi_TaL View Post
the title of the video says , with sample support
Yes, but that still doesn't tell me if it means it has internal samples which it can play without the options of uploading my own - or if i do have an option to upload my own.
So, technically speaking - would you define the Tempest as "without sample support"?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofine View Post
Just posted about this in the DSI forum! It looks like they have been looking closely at the tempest - analog comp and distorion on the master!

While Elektron are kicking DSI out of the park with features, let's wait a while and hear some more sounds. Right now, from that video, the sound isn't blowing me away - I know it's early days, but the sound of the tempest is still the strong point for me (and its immediate playability)
To be fair, most of the Elektrons have had very crappy official demos and presets. This one doesn't sound bad at all. Much better than anything I've heard from Tempest since it's been out.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahush76 View Post
So, technically speaking - would you define the Tempest as "without sample support"?
I wouldn't speak of 'sample support' wrt the Tempest, I would speak of 'onboard samples', or similar.

It surely means that you can upload your own samples to the Elektron.
Old 21st January 2014
Lives for gear

I wonder how long it will take DSI to implement a 'sample support' feature on the Tempest now!
Old 21st January 2014
Lives for gear

Hopefully it has more than two outputs. If it does I will order it instantly. Looks awesome.
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHayduke View Post
I wouldn't speak of 'sample support' wrt the Tempest, I would speak of 'onboard samples', or similar.

Well than, great!
Also, assuming all the sounds in the vid are coming out of the Analog Rytm - i hear pads. I'm wondering if this doubles as a polysynth as well. And if it does - is it a "scaled down" analog four structure (only judging by the smaller amount of encoders to the right).
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHayduke View Post
If that is the case, probably expect to see lots of Machinedrums going up for sale when the RYTM starts shipping. I wouldn't put it past Elektron to have a +drive already inside this new machine.
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_McEnroe View Post
Hopefully it has more than two outputs. If it does I will order it instantly. Looks awesome.
Me too. One of the reasons I didn't get Analog four is the lack of separate outputs. Let's hope Elektron doesn't make a mistake this time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn303 View Post
If that is the case, probably expect to see lots of Machinedrums going up for sale when the RYTM starts shipping. I wouldn't put it past Elektron to have a +drive already inside this new machine.
Definitely. I have to admit I'm considering chucking mine up for sale right now, but at the same time ... a bit on the fence, the MD treats samples quite differently from the Octatrack, for instance, and the synths inside it sure have character of their own.
Old 21st January 2014
Lives for gear

Really cool!!
Old 21st January 2014
Lives for gear

****. Anyone want to buy a kidney?
Old 21st January 2014
Lives for gear
The only thing that will kill this for me is if it doesn't have enough individual voice outputs. On a drum machine with 8 voices, 8 outputs is REQUIRED.

EDIT: Actually if they are fully assignable, I guess I'd be happy with 4 + the stereo out like on the MD. I just hope they allow you to assign them as a stereo pair (Like say on a Nord Lead where you can assign voices either a mono or stereo outs) unlike on the MD which is only as mono outs.

I hope there are tailored voices, i.e. a dedicated kick voice with kickdrum parameters and and dedicated snare with snare drum parameters, etc.
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbenjamins View Post
Anyone wants to buy an Octatrack?
Hey, actually I would like! I dont need analog synth only because it is analog, and this video doesnot tell us about sample-tweaking possibilities. I prefer Octatrack's sampling creativity. Pads are great fun and efficient, but they don't seem to be necessary for me. I tend to consider Octatrack not as a drummachine, but a sample-based musical instrument.
Old 21st January 2014
Lives for gear

Want.
Old 21st January 2014
Lives for gear
I have a feeling Ill be selling my tempest soon :P
Old 21st January 2014
Lives for gear

I have 1600€ lying around atm. Please don't be more than that!
Old 21st January 2014
Lives for gear
agreed it needs dedicated outs! if it does, epic - sounds great
Old 21st January 2014
Lives for gear

arghhhh
Old 21st January 2014
Lives for gear

i hope this lights a fire under dsi's ass so they put out some more updates for the tempest. the tempest is an extremely powerful machine with a great sound. the only way it's going to fail in the long run is with a lack of feature implementation.
Old 21st January 2014
Lives for gear

Maybe DSI should release a new tempest based on the P12 engine? 12 voices should be enough for any drum machine.. and then add some proper effects and let's not forget: sample support
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by payt View Post
Maybe DSI should release a new tempest based on the P12 engine? 12 voices should be enough for any drum machine.. and then add some proper effects and let's not forget: sample support
that would really alienate tempest owners. i think they need to just focus on dev for the tempest. its such a powerful machine. they need to finish it!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by divemedia View Post
that would really alienate tempest owners. i think they need to just focus on dev for the tempest. its such a powerful machine. they need to finish it!!
but the prophet 12 sounds horrible...not heard a decent demo so far...all dead digital nonsense...
Old 21st January 2014
Lives for gear

Next new shiny box. Moog 64-voice modular NOS tube drum machine.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by divemedia View Post
Maybe so.. They may have to implement sample import to remain competetive though.

I have to say.. i do still like the look of the Tempest much better.. There's something to be said for dedicated controls. I'm also not too fond of the rather boring look of the elektron machines..

But i have to say.. the specs of the rytm look interesting, and that clip sounded promising too.
📝 Reply