The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Analog Rytm by Elektron
Old 4th March 2017 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomiBabi View Post
The more I use the RYTM, the more I wish for separate filters for the sample and synth layers... especially with hats and snares. I end up using an extra pad for the closed hat 808 sample so I can blend in the transient info or highs I want. I just mirror the sequence for both pads and that's my workaround.
The RYTM is a beast as is...but I have to admit...that would've been great. I often wish there were fades for samples but a dedicated filter would've been much more useful.
Old 23rd March 2017
Deleted User
happy spring everyone. new rytm set:

Old 23rd March 2017
Gear Addict

^^^ beautiful! ^^^

thanks! made my day
Old 25th March 2017
Lives for gear

^love all your sets!!
Old 25th March 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Best drum machine will go down as a classic for sure...all the drums on this track I am working on comes from this drum machine....all other sounds are from the prophet 5, and Jupiter 6

Hope to finish to track next week
Attached Files
File Type: aif Test 2.aif (15.38 MB, 175 views)
Old 25th March 2017
Deleted User
Thanks guys! just posted a short little thing I put together on the tanzmaus yesterday as well.

Wondering what future updates will hold for the rytm. I'm pretty content as is, I've really been feeling the lack of a 2nd LFO lately though. As mentioned not even sure if it's possible but it would really complete this machine for me.
Old 28th March 2017
Gear Addict
all drums are rytm

Old 28th March 2017
Gear Nut

Druma are the AR. Except the fingersnaps
Old 29th March 2017 | Show parent
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkdsl View Post

druma are the ar. Except the fingersnaps
ha ha ha
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkdsl View Post

Druma are the AR. Except the fingersnaps
What the hell did I just watch?

it was hard to concentrate with all the ass hair and silk.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomiBabi View Post
ass hair and silk.
If I ever get a LP successfully together, I've got my title!
Old 22nd April 2017
Deleted User
another new set:

Old 23rd April 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeMichael View Post
another new set:

Great stuff as usual! Your demos were a big part in my decision to get a Rytm, so thanks.

BTW I have a question for the Sages:
Does the Rytm truly do individual track lengths?
For example, in a one-bar pattern (16) if I set one track length to, say 9, it will wrap-around each time the pattern restarts. So I get 9+7 steps.

Can this behavior be somehow disabled?

Cheeeerss...
Old 24th April 2017 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarlywarly View Post
Great stuff as usual! Your demos were a big part in my decision to get a Rytm, so thanks.

BTW I have a question for the Sages:
Does the Rytm truly do individual track lengths?
For example, in a one-bar pattern (16) if I set one track length to, say 9, it will wrap-around each time the pattern restarts. So I get 9+7 steps.

Can this behavior be somehow disabled?

Cheeeerss...
Agreed the Glo Phase Rytm videos are always great!

As to your question (though I'm not sage):
1. Function + Page
2. < over to the MODE section and down to ADV., select it.
3. > over to MASTER section and under LEN scroll down, after 3, 2, 1, it'll read INF. This is what you want.
4. You can then select the lengths of each individual track. Since the master length is set to infinite, it will loop only based on the individual track's settings.

If you need any clarification let me know, I know it was hell for me figuring that out based on the manual.
Old 24th April 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsrono View Post
Agreed the Glo Phase Rytm videos are always great!

As to your question (though I'm not sage):
1. Function + Page
2. < over to the MODE section and down to ADV., select it.
3. > over to MASTER section and under LEN scroll down, after 3, 2, 1, it'll read INF. This is what you want.
4. You can then select the lengths of each individual track. Since the master length is set to infinite, it will loop only based on the individual track's settings.

If you need any clarification let me know, I know it was hell for me figuring that out based on the manual.
Brilliant! Missed that setting but will check it out.
Now I can explore euclidean patterns.

Many thanks!
Old 18th May 2017
Deleted User
Hey everyone. I had a few more rytm sets planned but I'm going to switch gears for a while and focus on the mpc live when it arrives here shortly. I just wanted to share a recently finished album that was put together with the rytm. It's a pretty good representation of what it might sound like in a more "produced" setting. There are some minor additions here and there throughout but it was pretty much entirely recorded from fairly fleshed out rytm patterns. It's sort of a downtempo / instrumental hip hop thing. Hope you like.

Old 28th June 2017
Deleted User
Can anyone shed some site on the correct settings to have notes from a midi keyboard not play one pad chromatically but rather play all channels (like a drum kit)? I can't seem to get that working, thanks.
Old 28th June 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeMichael View Post
Can anyone shed some site on the correct settings to have notes from a midi keyboard not play one pad chromatically but rather play all channels (like a drum kit)? I can't seem to get that working, thanks.
C0 and the next 11 notes play the 12 channels.
Old 29th June 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

I have had an analog Rytm for a while now, and yesterday I decided to try it with Overbridge and a DAW in a computer.
However I realized Rytm cannot send midi notes to the computer. You can't write midi tracks with this machine.

What's the point of this setup ? If you're experienced with a rytm in a computer studio, can you describe your workflow ?

Thanks.
Old 29th June 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniDX View Post
If you're experienced with a rytm in a computer studio, can you describe your workflow ?
Depends a bit, I sometimes start writing on the Rytm and A4 sequencer, sometimes in Ableton.

In general, I have the Rytm set up in a drum rack with the 8 outs routed, a max for live device for changing patterns, a channel set up for auto channel so that I can play the selected track chromatically from my Push or Sub 37 or copy over midi clips from Live to the box by playing them and hitting record on the Rytm.

If I start with an idea in Ableton, I normally use an empty drum rack to start jamming ideas from my sample library for drums, then move things over to the Rytm, send the samples to the Rytm using SDS Drop and record or reprogram the pattern before getting to tweaking sounds, conditional/parameter locks, etc. Once I'm done I track the audio back into Live using overbridge - I used to do it track by track through my sound card, but tbh I don't think the very slight quality gains justifies the hassle.

When I start working on the machines, it's a bit more straightforward - generally just use the pattern select max device to put together the arrangement rather than song mode and use my other hardware and soft synths to build on the patterns.

Hope that makes sense - Overbridge is imho a killer feature for this box, wouldn't do without it. Fact that it doesn't transmit midi isn't something that bothers me, because I invariably use the Elektron sequencer for my patterns in any case, given all the cool stuff it can do.

Oh yeah, I also use the plugin's total recall functionality so I can pick up exactly where I left off, that does get a little bit confusing in terms of saving projects on the boxes at times, but well worth it.
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbenway View Post
Depends a bit, I sometimes start writing on the Rytm and A4 sequencer, sometimes in Ableton.

In general, I have the Rytm set up in a drum rack with the 8 outs routed, a max for live device for changing patterns, a channel set up for auto channel so that I can play the selected track chromatically from my Push or Sub 37 or copy over midi clips from Live to the box by playing them and hitting record on the Rytm.

If I start with an idea in Ableton, I normally use an empty drum rack to start jamming ideas from my sample library for drums, then move things over to the Rytm, send the samples to the Rytm using SDS Drop and record or reprogram the pattern before getting to tweaking sounds, conditional/parameter locks, etc. Once I'm done I track the audio back into Live using overbridge - I used to do it track by track through my sound card, but tbh I don't think the very slight quality gains justifies the hassle.

When I start working on the machines, it's a bit more straightforward - generally just use the pattern select max device to put together the arrangement rather than song mode and use my other hardware and soft synths to build on the patterns.

Hope that makes sense - Overbridge is imho a killer feature for this box, wouldn't do without it. Fact that it doesn't transmit midi isn't something that bothers me, because I invariably use the Elektron sequencer for my patterns in any case, given all the cool stuff it can do.

Oh yeah, I also use the plugin's total recall functionality so I can pick up exactly where I left off, that does get a little bit confusing in terms of saving projects on the boxes at times, but well worth it.

I like the sound of this with the max device, what device is that? I've hardly touched max but I am also struggling with a way for Ableton to trigger pattern changes. Your way sounds a lot better then using song mode on the rytm and trying to line things up in Ableton. What else can you trigger through this max device?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniDX View Post
I have had an analog Rytm for a while now, and yesterday I decided to try it with Overbridge and a DAW in a computer.
However I realized Rytm cannot send midi notes to the computer. You can't write midi tracks with this machine.

What's the point of this setup ? If you're experienced with a rytm in a computer studio, can you describe your workflow ?

Thanks.
I only send clock to the AR from my DAW, preferring to use the AR's sequencer. I use Overbridge when I don't fancy hunching over the machine and for automation. Audio is over the main and track outs.
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobofunk View Post
I like the sound of this with the max device, what device is that?
Got it here for a buck iirc. https://www.patreon.com/posts/pattern-selector-4912224

It's really nothing too complicated, could probably do the same job just by sending midi notes, but this is a bit more elegant and easier to make out what pattern you've selected when doing arrangements, etc.
Old 7th July 2017
Gear Nut

Hi–

I have the following elektron's sound packs for trade: divine 909, drum enthusiast, future house, junkyard, sid redux, legowelt studio, reamped drums, straight 808, total tabla, true trance, vermona drm, vhs crosstalk and vintage drum machines.

I'm missing: transistors & skins, hot wire, run the track, radical bits, synthetics, latin swaggaeton and dälek soundscapes.

PM me.
Old 29th July 2017 | Show parent
I'm just gonna leave these here...
Attached Thumbnails
Analog Rytm by Elektron-img_3293.jpg   Analog Rytm by Elektron-img_3294.jpg   Analog Rytm by Elektron-img_3295.jpg   Analog Rytm by Elektron-img_3296.jpg   Analog Rytm by Elektron-img_3297.jpg  

Analog Rytm by Elektron-img_3298.jpg  
Old 29th July 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOmegaShadow View Post
I'm just gonna leave these here...
Old 1st August 2017
Gear Maniac

I'm looking at the Rytm lately but I'm trying to figure out how it works with cubase.
Sync especially. Does the sequencer start like it is supposed to (A4 is super solid and right on the click) when using USB midi?
I don't mind using physical outs as long as this thing can start and stay in sync.
Old 1st August 2017 | Show parent
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Climat View Post
I'm looking at the Rytm lately but I'm trying to figure out how it works with cubase.
Sync especially. Does the sequencer start like it is supposed to (A4 is super solid and right on the click) when using USB midi?
I don't mind using physical outs as long as this thing can start and stay in sync.
Not using Cubase but my Rytm has rock solid timing from Ableton & Maschine at least when sending midi notes. When using the internal sequencer there can be issues for some, i´ve had problem getting 100% tight sync between my DAW and sequencers of my monomachine & rytm, so i got an innerclock systems sync-lock to fix it - works wonderful. But lately i actually has managed without it, don´t know what´s changed.
My point is - there are ways to get tight sync, if you use the devices as modules you seldom have trouble but there can be issues when you want to sync sequencers. Possible to fix however.
Old 1st August 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear
Quote:
I use it with cubase and overbridge. No issues here.
Old 2nd August 2017 | Show parent
Gear Guru

Quote:
If there are any issues I'd simply use the sample adjust in the device setup menu of cubase, I've had machines that always start that tiny fraction after a beat so I just add some audio samples in the manager and they are smack on the line.
📝 Reply