The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Make vocal samples fit to your project ?
Old 24th July 2020
Here for the gear

Make vocal samples fit to your project ?

Hi

I have tried to add vocal samples to my projects , but it doesn't fit well ,mainly due to the rhythm .It has been hard to synchronize both the rhythm of song and the vocal samples , keeping the swing and the groove.

Could you chare your experience? What is your approach?

Regards
Old 25th July 2020
Gear Head
Can't speak for other DAWs but Ableton lets you move things around with the warp markers.

But if you need to make some big changes it's more than likely not going to sound right. So to start with, I'd say they've got to be in the same ball park, timing-wise - but they could syncopate in a nice way - lots of trial or error is needed.

You could try chopping up the vocals to rearrange the phrasing or use shorter sections.

You could change the rhythm of your drums/instruments to better fit the vocals.

In Ableton you can also try making a groove template from the vocal and applying that to your drums etc. I'm sure other DAWs will have similar features.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear