The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Source Direct - The Cult Remix - how.....
Old 23rd June 2020
Here for the gear

Source Direct - The Cult Remix - how.....

This track has incredibly high production values compared to the rest of Source Direct's catalogue. Why? I'm well aware of pretty much everything that has been written online about their studio techniques and set-ups (see *that* video on youtube, see gearlist from Future Music magazine 1996) but in particular, this track and possibly Last Dance from the same year are just off the scale in terms of production values, mixdown, clarity etc... So, just fantastic sample choices, specific sampler use, or even access to a bigger studio / additional engineer? I know that they were incredibly progressive in terms of constantly updating their studio with the latest sampler, for MBs as much as extra features.

I mean, these two tracks sound far better than even their later excursions with the full-on major label backing of Virgin records... what gives? All thoughts welcome. I love to study the Masters.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear