The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
147-150 bpm uplifting trance
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

147-150 bpm uplifting trance

I’m working on a track that has an ideal bpm of 147-150. Arrangement/soundwise it would fit perfectly with Uplifting Trance (think ASOT playlist w/Armin V. Buren), but the upper limit there seems to be 140 or so.

Is there a sub genre of uplifting trance with higher bpms? If not, I think I’ll lower the bpm of this song; even though it seems less than ideal.

Thanks for any suggestions!!
Old 1 week ago
Kick it up to 165-170 and get into "Freeform" (a sort of dead genre of Hardcore)
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Trance used to go into the 140s, but people don't really dance that hard anymore because stimulants aren't as popular.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by space skeleton View Post
Kick it up to 165-170 and get into "Freeform" (a sort of dead genre of Hardcore)
That should read 174, which is happy hardcore speed. Freeform should be compatible with happy hardcore (even though happy hardcore itself appears to be another dead genre).

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search