The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
How to seek out labels
Old 17th January 2020
Gear Maniac

How to seek out labels

I've been producing electronic music since I was 12 playing around with the old tried and true Korg er-1. Nowadays I have a little home studio I work on every day. My music has gotten to the point where I would feel comfortable sending out to labels for review. O was curious how people seek out labels and some do's and dont's of the initial email.

My music is Detroit techno inspired and I am on the east coast.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nleif View Post
I've been producing electronic music since I was 12 playing around with the old tried and true Korg er-1. Nowadays I have a little home studio I work on every day. My music has gotten to the point where I would feel comfortable sending out to labels for review. O was curious how people seek out labels and some do's and dont's of the initial email.

My music is Detroit techno inspired and I am on the east coast.
you can befriend them on facebook or whatever and ask if they're taking demos. that's what i did and it worked. basically just be nice, and keep it short and sweet. also, i would like to hear your stuff
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Thanks for the reply, my problem so far has been finding a label who generally sounds like what I put out. Maybe I shouldn't think so much about it but also proximity would be nice although I am currently residing in Asheville where I don't see a lot of techno activity.

Here is something I made the other day.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nleif View Post
Thanks for the reply, my problem so far has been finding a label who generally sounds like what I put out. Maybe I shouldn't think so much about it but also proximity would be nice although I am currently residing in Asheville where I don't see a lot of techno activity.

Here is something I made the other day.
Not bad. Maybe try Proper Trax they’re in the southeast and it seems like not a bad fit. Maybe Don’t Be Afraid as well.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Thanks @ NawSon ! I am going through their bandcamp discog right now.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

You might wanna check out labelsbase.net as well, and go through some of the labels there. Iirc, it also states if a label accepts demos and has links for that.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search