The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Our house is your house - post your house tracks here!
Old 29th May 2018
Lives for gear

Our house is your house - post your house tracks here!

Our house is your house and your house is mine

After being kicked out of the acid thread, it was felt there was a space for a house music thread to go with the techno and dub threads! Mods - don't taze me bro

Post your house tracks up. If you want, let us know what kit you used and any tricks that helped you get the sound you were looking for. House, Deep House, Jazz House, Tropical House!

Like the other music threads, we are not here to judge folk but to have a friendly thread to share the tracks and jams we make in that genre; and learn from each other

I'll get the ball rolling with this one - was going for a summer anthem for the clubs of Ibiza. Your own opinion may differ

Main lead is CZ-101. It's actually a string patch with a gate on it, to make it crisper sounding for a lead. I'm still getting the hang of it. Initial drums are 707 all going through its main output, low-pass filtered, then main drums are 808 using individual outs so I could put a bit of metallic air on the hats (using Roth "Air") and echo on the claps. 909 supplied a few hats by the end ... don't like mixing my drum machines but it seemed to fit. Bang out of audio inputs, can only have one at a time on multi-out

The chords and strings in the body of the song are big dual-osc JX-8P saw pads without the onboard chorus for a change. Top chorus line is the 101 with chorus and echo but it sounds a bit out of place and wide, going to change it to another JX-8P patch I think.

Bassline is JD-990 with a Don Solaris bass patch on it - the shame

Saturated the 808 with AirWindows IronOxide and lashings of Valhalla UberMod and VintageVerb all over everything else. Glue compressor (which I've never really used) on the 808, JD and the the JX.

Master has Ableton "Meaty Analogue Master" on it for a bit of weight.
Old 29th May 2018
Gear Maniac

I have to say, I hadn't even considered that you might lift that HP filter at some point in this track.

Old 29th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by konputa View Post
I have to say, I hadn't even considered that you might lift that HP filter at some point in this track.

I actually didnt, I just added the un-filtered 808 ... but yes, I like the suprise - soundcloud kind of ruins it as you can see the peaks
Old 29th May 2018
Deleted User
<'_'>

Last edited by Syn303; 15th June 2018 at 08:08 PM.. Reason: .
Old 29th May 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtohaveajuno View Post
Our house is your house and your house is mine

After being kicked out of the acid thread, it was felt there was a space for a house music thread to go with the techno and dub threads! Mods - don't taze me bro

Post your house tracks up. If you want, let us know what kit you used and any tricks that helped you get the sound you were looking for. House, Deep House, Jazz House, Tropical House!

Like the other music threads, we are not here to judge folk but to have a friendly thread to share the tracks and jams we make in that genre; and learn from each other

I'll get the ball rolling with this one - was going for a summer anthem for the clubs of Ibiza. Your own opinion may differ

Main lead is CZ-101. It's actually a string patch with a gate on it, to make it crisper sounding for a lead. I'm still getting the hang of it. Initial drums are 707 all going through its main output, low-pass filtered, then main drums are 808 using individual outs so I could put a bit of metallic air on the hats (using Roth "Air") and echo on the claps. 909 supplied a few hats by the end ... don't like mixing my drum machines but it seemed to fit. Bang out of audio inputs, can only have one at a time on multi-out

The chords and strings in the body of the song are big dual-osc JX-8P saw pads without the onboard chorus for a change. Top chorus line is the 101 with chorus and echo but it sounds a bit out of place and wide, going to change it to another JX-8P patch I think.

Bassline is JD-990 with a Don Solaris bass patch on it - the shame

Saturated the 808 with AirWindows IronOxide and lashings of Valhalla UberMod and VintageVerb all over everything else. Glue compressor (which I've never really used) on the 808, JD and the the JX.

Master has Ableton "Meaty Analogue Master" on it for a bit of weight.
Nice tune - I love the Casio CZ sound!

Here is my submission, a disco house style song with vocoder and strings we did last year.
Uses a Virus Ti, TR-909 and I played the guitar and bass:

Old 29th May 2018
Housey Wousey (132 BPM)

To start off, I am not sure what the proper genre label for this track should be, I think it is probably house or tech house? Anyway, let me know if I have not used the right thread for this track.

This is one of the tunes that I have been working on in recent months, I would say it is near completion by now. It has a mix of different elements in it: a bit of house, a little techno, a hint of acid and a dash of trance. It has a nice drive and some people have mentioned it is quite a good track to dance to.

Anyway, enjoy and let me know what you think. Please let me know what you like or don't like and what could be improved? I can handle negative feedback and I am immune to online abuse, so give it your best shot!
Old 29th May 2018
Lives for gear

Old 29th May 2018
I enjoyed the Breathe one, Scott, nice work!
Old 29th May 2018
Deleted b6e9904
Quote:
Originally Posted by konputa View Post

Lol, I saw the waveform, and read this post, and it still made me jump!

Very good though, nice track with good sounds. I’d dance to it!
Old 29th May 2018
Another one of my recent house efforts:

Old 29th May 2018
Gear Guru

Hey UTHAJ you sacked up, nice one

I'll get some down soon
Old 29th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn303 View Post
a little bit of Hard House. just a TR-909 and a Sampler (Vox & 808 Claves), with very little processing. recorded in one take!

that sample was a bad idea when Hawtin used it, not sure what you were thinking using it again. like that other guy here beating the "overdose" sample to death.

it's just so... why?
Old 29th May 2018
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuonacc View Post
that sample was a bad idea when Hawtin used it, not sure what you were thinking using it again. like that other guy here beating the "overdose" sample to death.

it's just so... why?
Because it's just music and it's just a sample, poster might like it and so might others? Did Hawtin do so bad from it btw? I'm Thinking no.

Don't turn a perfectly nice thread in its infancy into a scrap over a sample you could ignore to comment on, please.

The OD sample was overused in its infancy too, maybe whoever this 'other guy' is knows that track and just harks back to how it felt for him, over use of the term back in the day was what gave it it's notoriety in music, OD'ing was a big part in every bodies mind in the late 80's / early 90's.

Where's yer house tune?
Old 29th May 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by AATA View Post
Nice tune - I love the Casio CZ sound!

Here is my submission, a disco house style song with vocoder and strings we did last year.
Uses a Virus Ti, TR-909 and I played the guitar and bass:

Nice one, I enjoyed listening to your track!

Here is some well meant feedback that I wanted to share with you, hope you won't be offended or anything:

I hear a lot of interesting elements in this track, but the mix is not sounding powerful enough yet IMHO. Remixed properly I think you have a very nice uplifting disco house track here though!

Good luck with your musical endeavours and thanks for sharing.
Old 29th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post
...Don't turn a perfectly nice thread in its infancy into a scrap over a sample you could ignore to comment on, please.
ehh... fair enough.

Quote:
Where's yer house tune?
not sure if i've ever really made one. i'll get right on it.
Old 30th May 2018
Lives for gear

This one is finally coming out next friday, on some digital label:

This is the home mastered version, the real version hopefully sounds a bit better sonically.

A friend is singing, I'm doing the rest.
Old 30th May 2018
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuonacc View Post
ehh... fair enough.

not sure if i've ever really made one. i'll get right on it.
donning my cap to you sir for your response
Old 30th May 2018
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkaholic1972 View Post
Another one of my recent house efforts:

nice groove , for a minute there at about 3 mins in i thought you were going to insert a bit of piracy
Old 30th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by WozNYC View Post

I'll take your Breathe and raise you my Breathe

Old 30th May 2018
Lives for gear

Here is some of the last housey tracks I really did as had a break from music and moved away from housey stuff into more downtempo stuff.

Although I have the taste for 4/4 stuff again lately so working on new tracks.
Old 30th May 2018
Lives for gear

Lovely tracks there Digital and everyone else - nice to see so many people sharing their tunes .... you were right Jamie
Old 30th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital 1010 View Post
I'll take your Breathe and raise you my Breathe

Can't listen.

"This video contains content from whartonerecords. It is not available in your country."
Old 30th May 2018
Old 31st May 2018
Gear Nut

This one track is a bit special to me, it has a sentimental value. It's one of the first I ever made and I can hear all that is wrong in the mix but I still love the video games vibes in it, which is what shaped my sound afterwards.

(definitely not my real SC account btw)
Old 31st May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinemotor View Post
This one track is a bit special to me, it has a sentimental value. It's one of the first I ever made and I can hear all that is wrong in the mix but I still love the video games vibes in it, which is what shaped my sound afterwards.

(definitely not my real SC account btw)
Hang on, are you actually daft punk in real life? Cooge

First French house track of the thread I think!
Old 31st May 2018
Gear Addict

Deep House. Small label I help out released it. It’s Artist MANCHESTER RAIN self titled song remixed by producer, Vintage Division.

Old 31st May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by WozNYC View Post
Can't listen.

"This video contains content from whartonerecords. It is not available in your country."
Urrrgh pain, heres a preview soundcloud link bud.

Old 31st May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital 1010 View Post

Urrrgh pain, heres a preview soundcloud link bud.

Nice and deep!
Old 31st May 2018
Gear Maniac

Old 31st May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by OK GO View Post
Deep House. Small label I help out released it. It’s Artist MANCHESTER RAIN self titled song remixed by producer, Vintage Division.

Loving that - sounds like a house version of Burial
📝 Reply