The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

MAX/MSP is Cycling '74's visual programming suite. With this, you can build MIDI, AUDIO and VIDEO processing environments. Max connects objects with virtual patch cords to create interactive sounds, graphics, and custom effects. It is available as rental or payware. The Max program is modular. Most routines exist as shared libraries. An application programming interface (API) allows third-party development of new routines (named external objects). Thus, Max has a large user base of programmers unaffiliated with Cycling '74 who enhance the software with commercial and non-commercial extensions to the program. MSP: The ultimate sonic toolkit. Make your own unique synths, or craft your own swirling webs of delay.

Discussions

synthesis: Reaktor vs Max/Msp vs Max for Live: differences, pros and cons?

...the three softwares presents major advantages on the other ones I'd like to know. What is your personal opinion on Reaktor/Max Msp/Max for Live and what would you recommend? what are the pros and the cons? Thanks in advance! howdy

View Post

Modular market exploding and Gearslutz

...have difficulty emulating that in a software system though sometimes i get lucky. perhaps if i was smarter and knew Max/Msp inside out i could create a patch that felt more 'alive'. i think mostly.. that modulars and modular systems.. be they hardware or software.. are just lot's of fun to use and patch...

View Post

Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion

Things that I know about like MAX/msp when the plugin loads there is a ways for the application to know what frame rate it is loading into. So it will then reference those files. The computer is an amazing thing that can do lots of automated things without apes pulling levers. That’s what HAL9000...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?