The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The Crown® PZM®-30D is a Pressure Zone Microphone® and the PZM-6D is a Pressure Zone Microphone. Both are designed for professional recording, sound reinforcement and broadcasting. It has many applications, from miking full orchestras or individual musical instruments to security or teleconferencing. Each mic has a switchable dual frequency response: rising (R) or fl at (F). The “rising” position adds brilliance. This makes it useful wherever a crisp attack is desired, such as on percussion, drums, or piano. The user can get a bright sound without boosting high frequencies on the recording console; the result is lower noise. The “fl at” position provides a smooth, fl at, high-frequency response for natural sound reproduction. The PZM-30D is sturdy and reliable because it can be used with a rugged detachable cable. The PZM-6D has a smaller plate. Its low profile, unobtrusive appearance is appreciated in conference rooms, as well as on television, fi lm and video productions. When suspended over an orchestra on a clear panel, the PZM-6D practically disappears. Its miniature, perma- nently attached 15-foot cable also reduces visual clutter. Model PZM-6DS2 has a 6-foot cable, and can be special-ordered from your Crown dealer.

Discussions

Pictures Of Mic'ed Up Drum Kits In The Studio

Heres a recent one- Beyer 260s with DX77 ribbon mod for overheads 421 on toms D112 on kick 57 on snare with 451 on bottom snare U47 as whole kit mic Crown PZM taped to floor behind drummer shure bullet as trash mic

View Post

Modern Foo Fighters drum tracking techniques & equipment?

...level against the garage door (custom API pres/Dramastic Audio Obsidian). For floor ambience, a pair of Crown PZMs (custom API pres/DBX 160). “I’d use the same mic placement in that garage, regardless of the mics,” Brown explains. “Turning the Soundeluxes away from the drums and pointing them into a corner tempered the top end. The...

View Post

Grand Piano Stick length

...that helps. However, when things get loud, I find it tends to get a little lost. Recently I got a crown pzm, and I've been experimenting with that- the past two weeks I've been putting it on 2 plastic crates to create a bigger surface with what I have on hand (will get plexiglass when...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?