The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

"Avocet" is designed to solve the problems of accurate monitoring and volume control as required by workstation users, studios and mastering rooms alike. It is a stereo controller with three digital inputs, three analog inputs and a headphone system. It's comprised of a rack mounted unit and table top remote control. Avocet has many features including; dim, mute, phase, mono, and 16 bit truncation functions, plus a speaker select switch that sends line level balanced audio to one of three outputs. The six input sources have on the fly gain trim capability and all digital signals are up-sampled and jitter reduced to ensure highest accuracy during D/A conversion.

Discussions

Time for new main monitors for Studio A.

James, whichever mains you end up with, you may want to consider a different monitor controller than the Presonus Central Station (if that's what you use?). It might be worth your time to listen to a Crane Song Avocet, Coleman Audio TB4 MKII, Dangerous Monitor or SPL Monitor/Talkback controller when upgrading your speakers.

View Post

Are expensive speaker cables better than cheap ones? Sorry guys, I’m changing team!

...if the monitors where there or not there, when playing back familiar music through the 0300's from a Crane Song Avocet in a treated room. To my utter surprise I couldn't tell whether the two monitors where there or not - TWO large 24" computer monitors! - I was just guessing! My expectation bias was...

View Post

Can you help me identify the gear that Butch Vig uses in his home studio?

...Little Devil 2 Harrison EQ from Great River Shadow Hills preamp iMac Shure talkback mic Telecaster, Jazzmaster, 12 string electric, some unidentified tube mic Crane Song Avocet monitor controller and DAC that what I spotted anyway, and of course a Grammy

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Video Guides