Lives for gear

Ha!
Attached Thumbnails
Coronavirus humor time!-1e055650-1b21-4e28-b1b1-eb82cf053463.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
This has nothing to do with covid etc but just IMO a family-friendly fun little video anyway: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4ssmKWDPCw
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
You do realise its a comedy site dont you?
upon later reflection ... yes ... that is a 'comedy' site.

Thanks for the laughs .... we need them.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

The most comical part about it all is that it has never been a high-consequence infectious disease; it was only classed as such as a precautionary measure.

The UK government have written so on their own website - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-con...-diseases-hcid

Yet despite this, all sorts of interesting & fun laws are currently being passed/pushed through. Comically, they've been pushing the laws through after the downgrading.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisL1982 View Post
The most comical part about it all is that it has never been a high-consequence infectious disease; it was only classed as such as a precautionary measure.

The UK government have written so on their own website - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-con...-diseases-hcid

Yet despite this, all sorts of interesting & fun laws are currently being passed/pushed through. Comically, they've been pushing the laws through after the downgrading.
Well I'll be a blue-nosed gopher.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Im Gonna Get Mine!(Miss Corona)

Old 1 week ago
Old 1 week ago
Deleted 0ec6b8e
Quote:
Not being on the HCID list doesn't mean it's not an incredibly serious issue, if you have a virus - and have a test that can reliably detect it - and it 'only' kills a million people here in the UK (<1.5% population) - then because of those two factors it probably wouldn't make it onto the HCID list.

Quote:
Which laws do you feel are unnecessary or comical ?

As for 'pushing' them though, do you think the usual lengthy process would have been a better option, taking weeks or months to get onto the books ?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 0ec6b8e View Post
Not being on the HCID list doesn't mean it's not an incredibly serious issue, if you have a virus - and have a test that can reliably detect it - and it 'only' kills a million people here in the UK (<1.5% population) - then because of those two factors it probably wouldn't make it onto the HCID list.
I don't disagree with this.

Quote:
Which laws do you feel are unnecessary or comical ?
Would you like a worded list or references to specific clause numbers? I'm still working through the act.

Quote:
As for 'pushing' them though, do you think the usual lengthy process would have been a better option, taking weeks or months to get onto the books ?
That depends on which specific laws you are talking about. Some pushed through quick is a good thing; others, less so.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

This is supposed to be the humor thread, the serious thread is over there. :points to the side:
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cG6GUAhCNv4

Last edited by Reptil; 1 week ago at 01:19 PM.. Reason: Funny music video....I can’t seem to embed. Reptil: fixed ;-)
Old 1 week ago
Deleted 0ec6b8e
Quote:
That depends on which specific laws you are talking about. Some pushed through quick is a good thing; others, less so.
Which laws do you think it was a bad idea to get on the books so quickly ?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Which laws do you think it was a bad idea to get on the books so quickly ?
If it really does interest you, PM me and we can discuss.

If it doesn't and you're simply looking for an argument/disagreement, I'd rather deal with you face-to-face.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

What am I missing here (apart from this is a humour thread)?

SARS is on that list.

What does 'high consequence' mean if not 'nobody come out of your houses'?
Old 1 week ago
Deleted 0ec6b8e
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicncars View Post
This is supposed to be the humor thread, the serious thread is over there. :points to the side:
I tell you one thing I find humorous . . .

I keep getting these emails from companies I've probably ordered something from 8 years ago, companies I've forgotten exist.

And they all start the same way . . . an important message from our CEO (or something similar).

The tone is always as if it's a vitally important message that people have been holding on for - "I wonder what the boss of CheapAudioCables.com has to say on coronavirus . . .".

All these disparate and random companies selling everything from shoes to adhesives, from glow in the dark paint to phone chargers messaging me to offer advice and tell me to keep my spirits up, it's a little like celebrity culture, where in times like this celebrities think the world is waiting for them to speak, to give us a message of hope, so they video themselves singing 'Imagine'

Anyhow, I find it all quite funny
Old 1 week ago
Deleted 0ec6b8e
Quote:
If it really does interest you, PM me and we can discuss.

If it doesn't and you're simply looking for an argument/disagreement, I'd rather deal with you face-to-face.
So you're not going to say ? Avoid the question . . . do you want me to give you chapter and verse, do you want references to specific clause numbers, this must be done via private messaging . . . etc etc . . . avoid avoid. . . and finally accuse the person asking the question of 'simply looking for an argument'.

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Wilson View Post
I tell you one thing I find humorous . . .

I keep getting these emails from companies I've probably ordered something from 8 years ago, companies I've forgotten exist.

And they all start the same way . . . an important message from our CEO (or something similar).

The tone is always as if it's a vitally important message that people have been holding on for - "I wonder what the boss of CheapAudioCables.com has to say on coronavirus . . .".

All these disparate and random companies selling everything from shoes to adhesives, from glow in the dark paint to phone chargers messaging me to offer advice and tell me to keep my spirits up, it's a little like celebrity culture, where in times like this celebrities think the world is waiting for them to speak, to give us a message of hope, so they video themselves singing 'Imagine'

Anyhow, I find it all quite funny
That is funny.
Old 1 week ago
Deleted 0ec6b8e
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
What am I missing here (apart from this is a humour thread)?

SARS is on that list.

What does 'high consequence' mean if not 'nobody come out of your houses'?

You need to meet certain criteria to be a HCID, you can probably find a list online, but it includes things like not having an available testing method, high mortality rate, easily spread and so on . . . its simply a classification, for example a massive sudden outbreak of pollution or diet induced cancers, even if it killed 65% of the UK wouldn't make the HCID list for all sorts of reasons, I think it's one of those things that can be easily misinterpreted by people outside of the field, and the obvious misinterpretation (which I am not saying anyone here has made) might be "oh, it's not on the HCID list, so it's nothing to be concerned about".
Old 1 week ago
Deleted 0ec6b8e
Quote:
[YOUTUBE]/https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cG6GUAhCNv4 [\YOUTUBE]

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cG6GUAhCNv4

Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Old 1 week ago
Quote:

Old 1 week ago
Deleted 0ec6b8e
Old 1 week ago
This is the beer aisle in a store across the river in Québec:

For those who don't speak French, the beer on the right is called "The End Of The World".

I think the product placement was intentional.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Ha!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
You do realise its a comedy site dont you?
Now THAT was funny. lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul brown View Post
Plenty of time to read books. I’m reading one about anti-gravity. I can’t put it down.
Reported.

Heard about the big arrest at the Texas border? They found someone smuggling a huge stash of TP across the line. It was smuggled inside a ton of cocaine.
Old 1 week ago
Deleted 0ec6b8e
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill5 View Post
They found someone smuggling a huge stash TP across the line. It was smuggled inside a ton of cocaine.

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
I learned a new word:

covidiot
Person who, in times of pandemic crises, unnecessarily hoards toilet paper and more food than a family of eight could possibly eat in a year, has no regard for the welfare of others by buying up absolutely everything, is a self serving nitwit, and likely hasn’t clue one about the actual disease. These people will, by and large, possess a herd mentality and inadvertently put the general population at risk by perpetuating mistruths, rumours, and conjecture.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search