The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Covid-19 will affects the time line and prices?
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowman9 View Post
I saw a Chinese guy waiting for the bus and it didn't stop to pick him up. Just drove past like he wasn't even there. He made a very common hand signal we all know.
How did you know it was a Chinese ?
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
I'm having Chinese for dinner.
Remember, try and stay at least 2 meters away - I saw all this coming, bought myself a really long fork off ebay before the long fork prices went crazy.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Wilson View Post
Probably thanks to the common Chinese hand signal we all know:

Alistair
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Remember, try and stay at least 2 meters away - I saw all this coming, bought myself a really long fork off ebay before the long fork prices went crazy.
You know sh!t is serious when these aren't sufficient to safely eat:

Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

Might stick with the wine until early June, shouldn't need food by then, my body would have converted all it's function to wine power.
Before your liver just flops over from exhaustion, your HDL (good) cholesterol numbers will look very good!

Put it this way: your cardiologist will be very proud of you just before you collapse into full myocardial infarction.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-dnFNxqD7ZRU/TvNRPMb2UpI/AAAAAAAABV4/4wPMt1CgdA4/s320/Quaker+Oats.ashx
Old 3 days ago
Quote:
He was eating buffalo style bat wings

Luckily my local pizza shop delivers beer! The selection isn't great though.
Attached Thumbnails
Covid-19 will affects the time line and prices?-20200326_163312_hdr.jpg  
Old 3 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowman9 View Post
He was eating buffalo style bat wings

Luckily my local pizza shop delivers beer! The selection isn't great though.
same up here, miller lite...I mean Id risk the black death before lite anything!
Old 3 days ago
Quote:
I'm skipping Covid20, too busy, I might check out Covid21 see what that's like.
if its akai releasing it then it may be some time
Old 3 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
same up here, miller lite...I mean Id risk the black death before lite anything!
Cocco's Pizza in Aston has a very good selection and delivers too. My usual place is cheaper and faster though but the best they usually carry is Sam Adams which was sold out. Plenty of Corona in stock though.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
I'm having Chinese for dinner.
Hey, me too! I just got back from the store where they had bullet-proof shields in front of the cashiers, and stopped by my favorite restaurant. Luckily they were still open but they made me wait it the parking lot and brought it to me.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Just had a horrible realisation, over the last couple of weeks I've been stocking up on what I loosely term 'nuclear war food', you know the stuff, tinned peas, tinned potatoes, tinned carrots, jars of sort of brown things with arabic writing on, I was just looking in the cupboard and it stuck me, I'm going to have to eat this sh*t.

Might stick with the wine until early June, shouldn't need food by then, my body would have converted all it's function to wine power.
Oh, I just got some extra frozen food. If the power goes out then we're all screwed.

Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noisewagon View Post
If the power goes out then we're all screwed.
Shut UP! Don't give the Chinese any MORE ideas!
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Oh, I just got some extra frozen food. If the power goes out then we're all screwed.
Yeah, when all this started kicking off I was going through all the possible things that might happen, got my 5 litres of isopropyl alcohol before it became worth more than toilet paper, got my 500 latex gloves, got my paracetamol . . . etc etc . . and I also had the blackout thing rolling around my head so bought 2 x 20,000 power banks - a massive bag of tea lights (candles) and a 2,000 lumen torch.

I'm trying to work out what is likely to start to run out in the coming weeks and grab some before it's snapped up or ends up on ebay for x10 the price.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Yeah, when all this started kicking off I was going through all the possible things that might happen, got my 5 litres of isopropyl alcohol before it became worth more than toilet paper, got my 500 latex gloves, got my paracetamol . . . etc etc . . and I also had the blackout thing rolling around my head so bought 2 x 20,000 power banks - a massive bag of tea lights (candles) and a 2,000 lumen torch.

I'm trying to work out what is likely to start to run out in the coming weeks and grab some before it's snapped up or ends up on ebay for x10 the price.
Everything is going to be just fine.

Old 3 days ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Common sense!

Oh wait, that has always been in short supply...

Alistair
Old 3 days ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
If the power goes out then we're all screwed.
If the power goes out, I certainly expect a population boom in 9 months...

Alistair
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Just had a horrible realisation, over the last couple of weeks I've been stocking up on what I loosely term 'nuclear war food', you know the stuff, tinned peas, tinned potatoes, tinned carrots, jars of sort of brown things with arabic writing on, I was just looking in the cupboard and it stuck me, I'm going to have to eat this sh*t.

I bought Heinz Spaghetti Bolognese in a mini tin, It was ****e... May try the cat food tomorrow, can't be worse...
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

I used to love Chef Boyardee Spaghetti and Meatballs, Ravioli, Spaghettios..... They've all gone seriously downhill since I was a kid.

Probably damned efforts to try to make them "healthier."

Bring back great junk food!
Old 3 days ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by telecode View Post
I dont think its good to be laughing about this stuff. 10% of the infected people in Italy died from this. What you gonna say or do if 10% of the infected peeps in USA die from it?
depends, if it was a school full of North Korean kids doing an assignment about it or not.

Your biggest danger in the US is your leader, if he lets you all loose too early then you just might see 10% die or worse.

Some seriously scary times in stock for the US me thinks.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
Your biggest danger in the US is your leader, . . .
Nah. The biggest danger in my country is its people. Proudly ignorant, dismissive of science, tribal, vindictive, utterly selfish and again, proudly ignorant. Not all of us, but enough to make this a real carnival of horrors.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmixer View Post
I bought Heinz Spaghetti Bolognese in a mini tin, It was ****e... May try the cat food tomorrow, can't be worse...
In 6 months that Heinz Spaghetti Bolognese will be going for £240 on ebay.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
We've got stuff in our pantry cupboard that's been there since 2003. It's like vintage gear - increases in value with age!
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by realtrance View Post
I used to love Chef Boyardee Spaghetti and Meatballs, Ravioli, Spaghettios..... They've all gone seriously downhill since I was a kid.

Probably damned efforts to try to make them "healthier."

Bring back great junk food!
Old 3 days ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert82 View Post
We've got stuff in our pantry cupboard that's been there since 2003. It's like vintage gear - increases in value with age!
Vintage baked beans, with those super warm farts.. you just don't get that with new stuff.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Cool, I have 2 more, looking forward to my Tesco Value Meatballs too, yum!
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Vintage baked beans, with those super warm farts.. you just don't get that with new stuff.
Yes.

Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
depends, if it was a school full of North Korean kids doing an assignment about it or not.

Your biggest danger in the US is your leader, if he lets you all loose too early then you just might see 10% die or worse.

Some seriously scary times in stock for the US me thinks.
I personally think the economic fall out from all this is going to be felt much longer and much worse than the health pandemic. This has the potential to disrupt the already eroding middle class labor market in a major way for generations to come.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Nah. The biggest danger in my country is its people. Proudly ignorant, dismissive of science, tribal, vindictive, utterly selfish and again, proudly ignorant. Not all of us, but enough to make this a real carnival of horrors.
You're simply describing much of humanity.

It knows no national nor ethnic boundaries.

It exists at every socioeconomic level.

And across the entire political spectrum.

This has been true throughout human history.

Believing otherwise is naive and foolish.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
You need to stop visiting those alt med sites.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search