The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Covid-19 will affects the time line and prices?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetz View Post
Off-licences have just been classed as an essential service.
I suspect it's to take some load (and virus-spreading customers) off the big supermarkets.

Due to all sorts of reasons, picking-cage weights, lorry weights/space efficiency it's becoming quite an exercise to get the right goods to store - booze tends to be quite heavy and fragile - restocking booze is probably a distribution headache the supermarkets could do without. It's your aim when packing a container to use up the available space whilst getting as close as you can to the axle-weight limit of the lorry (truck). Toilet paper is the opposite end of the scale - takes up lots of space but weighs nothing. We can't double the number of lorries and drivers over-night so getting the loads right becomes a challenge. Thank-you panic-shoppers!

Last edited by Scragend; 1 week ago at 10:09 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I've been saving this for a special occasion, but I guess now is time.
Attached Thumbnails
Covid-19 will affects the time line and prices?-img_0915.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 0ec6b8e View Post
:D
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
:D

The gaylick language
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick fall View Post
I've been saving this for a special occasion, but I guess now is time.
Ah - ah - ah . . . not until they're at the gate. Think of Curd Jürgens in "The Longest Day".

Start at 1:50

Last edited by robert82; 1 week ago at 01:39 AM..
Old 1 week ago
Deleted 0ec6b8e
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert82 View Post
Ah - ah - ah . . . not until they're at the gate. Think of Curd Jürgens in "The Longest Day".

An interesting fact about Kurt Jurgens - he was opposed to the ****'s and was a political prisoner during WW2. Also several actors in the Longest Day actually took part on D-Day. Richard Todd played the part of his own commanding officer of the parachute regiment on Pegasus Bridge and in one scene he actually talks to the actor playing himself. Great film.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

U.S. citizens without a healthcare insurance are double effed .
I really hope that after this event things will change for the better , keep safe and don't lose it
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I dont think its good to be laughing about this stuff. 10% of the infected people in Italy died from this. What you gonna say or do if 10% of the infected peeps in USA die from it?
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by telecode View Post
I dont think its good to be laughing about this stuff. 10% of the infected people in Italy died from this. What you gonna say or do if 10% of the infected peeps in USA die from it?
Im gonna say that Chinese students in Toronto knew about it all year because their government told them on hush hush
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
Im gonna say that Chinese students in Toronto knew about it all year because their government told them on hush hush
you are trying to make it a laughing matter again. you are also intentionally misquoting my post from previous threads.

i never claimed conspiracy theories BS. I claimed, the Chinese students where better informed of contagiousness of viruses and where bringing over their everyday habits to Toronto public transit. My theory is, the new public awareness and eductaion initiatives the Canuk government has in place now during this lockdown is probably awareness initiates that have been going on for a long time in China -- they just didn't have a public lockdown in place so no one paid any attention to it and just dismissed is as just, "ah whatever".

Things will not go back to the way they were after this is all over. This thing that is going on now is going to change the Western world just like 9/11 changed everything.
Old 1 week ago
Getting obsessive with disinfectant can be taken much too far. Here's one tragic example...

Safety tip: Only use FDA approved sanitizer.
And look both ways when crossing.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

Nice and one of my favorite movies when I was a kid.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
you are trying to make it a laughing matter again. you are also intentionally misquoting my post from previous threads.

i never claimed conspiracy theories BS. I claimed, the Chinese students where better informed of contagiousness of viruses and where bringing over their everyday habits to Toronto public transit. My theory is, the new public awareness and eductaion initiatives the Canuk government has in place now during this lockdown is probably awareness initiates that have been going on for a long time in China -- they just didn't have a public lockdown in place so no one paid any attention to it and just dismissed is as just, "ah whatever".

Things will not go back to the way they were after this is all over. This thing that is going on now is going to change the Western world just like 9/11 changed everything.
Ah you said they are just better informed in general? Funny I cant remember that being the point you were trying to get across...in fact I distinctly remember folks telling you thats what it likely was. Apologies, must've read someone elses post

Yes sometimes it's a laughing matter, surviving lockdown guidelines suggest using humour, so Im following guidelines.

No it'll never be the same again, we'll hopefully be better prepared for another pandemic, a few countries will likely replace their current leaders, other than that I think itll go back to be exactly the same in general once the economies recover.

Btw, from your original post

Quote:
The Asian students have been wearing surgical masks in public for at least as far back as last spring or summer. My suspicion is they have known and been dealing with this for at least a year if not longer. I recall thinking to myself, "WTF is wrong with these weirdo Asian kids on the subway".
In bold for emphasis

Last edited by kcearl; 1 week ago at 02:57 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I kind of think you had this coming! I remember it too. It's in good fun. Don't take yourself too seriously.
Old 1 week ago
Deleted 0ec6b8e
Quote:
I kind of think you had this coming! I remember it too. It's in good fun. Don't take yourself too seriously.
Agreed

News just in, people deal with things with humour (or similalry the American's use 'humor', it's like 'humour' just not as good).

What we really don't need now are people finger-wagging and trying to police other people's communication. Go to any refugee camp, prison or homeless shelter and - shock and surprise - you'll find people having a laugh about their situation, cracking jokes, and god forbid smiling.
Old 1 week ago
Deleted 0ec6b8e
Quote:
I dont think its good to be laughing about this stuff.
Why ?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
some of us on here do have parents and inlaws who are over 70 and do have pre-exisiting medical conditions. so its a serious concern.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
some of us on here do have parents and inlaws who are over 70 and do have pre-exisiting medical conditions. so its a serious concern.
yup Im one of them

My mum received a box of toilet paper couriered from my cousin in Scotland all the way down to the south coast of England where she lives, and all she was worried about is that it would be a cheapo brand
Old 1 week ago
Deleted 0ec6b8e
Quote:
Well, I hope they stay safe . . . but what connection are you seeing between the humour shared on a music forum and the risk coronavirus poses to your parents ?

It's not clear to me ?

It's likely that you are the only person - or amongst the very very very few - who have elderly parents, I can't imagine anyone else has, that would be insane, as for knowing or being related to people with underlying medical conditions, I think we can all agree they don't really exist (except of course for your parents), I definitely don't have children and asthma and basically one functioning lung.

So . . . should we stop joking about this stuff so as to ensure your parents remain in good health ?

You could stop reading threads that upset you, but surely it can't be as simple as that ?

Not sure how any of this works now ?
Old 1 week ago
Deleted 0ec6b8e
Quote:
yup Im one of them
I did the maths, and if you are infected, your mortality rate is actually above 100%, I know it sounds wrong, but I went over the numbers several times, it comes out around 134%.

Quote:
My mum received a box of toilet paper couriered from my cousin in Scotland all the way down to the south coast of England where she lives, and all she was worried about is that it would be a cheapo brand
Classy lady.

I won't let anything under £12 touch my exit hole.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Wilson View Post
I did the maths, and if you are infected, your mortality rate is actually above 100%, I know it sounds wrong, but I went over the number several times, it comes out around 134%.

Classy lady.

Already told the missis she does not have my approval to remarry!

Btw if she sticks my gear on ebay there will be some bargains as Ive been under valuing it to her for years
Old 1 week ago
Deleted 0ec6b8e
Quote:
Already told the missis she does not have my approval to remarry!
Insist she wears black for at least a decade, and weeps at your budget shop grave stone each and every day around 2:30pm (right in the middle of the afternoon to screw up her schedule).

Quote:
Btw if she sticks my gear on ebay there will be some bargains as Ive been under valuing it to her for years
I've already got my eye on a couple of pieces, was thinking of sending you a postcard, it might be a bit damp when you get it, there's honestly nothing been sprayed onto it, just lick it dry, it should be fine.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Insist she wears black for at least a decade, and weeps at your budget shop grave stone each and every day around 2:30pm (right in the middle of the afternoon to screw up her schedule).

I've already got my eye on a couple of pieces, was thinking of sending you a postcard, it might be a bit damp when you get it, there's honestly nothing been sprayed onto it, just lick it dry, it should be fine.
I lick all my post...I am Gaylick remember
Old 1 week ago
Deleted 0ec6b8e
Quote:
I lick all my post...I am Gaylick remember
Of course, the Scots, famously the nation of the gays.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
I dont think its good to be laughing about this stuff.
I agree. It is in really bad taste!

While all you people are making fun of the situation, I'm organising a festival to collect money to help our overworked health care employees.

Here's the line-up so far:

Covid-19 will affects the time line and prices?-90625023_10219269635025255_3784606627252928512_n.jpg

Alistair
Attached Thumbnails
Covid-19 will affects the time line and prices?-90625023_10219269635025255_3784606627252928512_n.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

If hearty belly-laughing is medicine, then I'm golden! Coronavirus, meet my endorphins!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 0ec6b8e View Post
Of course, the Scots, famously the nation of the gays.
It's where both decorum and pacifism come from..
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I did the maths, and if you are infected, your mortality rate is actually above 100%, I know it sounds wrong, but I went over the numbers several times, it comes out around 134%.

Classy lady.

i think its closer to 10%. which is pretty bad given that its about %1 chance for dying on highway. given the fact that Italy is at 10% and Spain is creeping up there. Either those countries have really bad health systems or the other countries like Iran and China are heavily under reporting.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search