The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
China .. and the disease
Old 3rd February 2020
Lives for gear

China .. and the disease

To all the people in china who tinker synths together for Roland, Yamaha, Moog, Behringer, ASM, and many other companies ...

I hope you are all ok. Best of luck!
Dont worry about delivery dates, we can buy stuff in a few months too. Just stay healthy!

Its a heartfelt comment, no sarcasm attached, embedded or hidden. If Bosses and marketing guys read this, please tell these people that we care.

------------------------------

This being said. Do we think that the actions taken to prevent the disease from spreading are going to have an impact on synths in general, like later delivery dates .. ?

Old 3rd February 2020
Gear Addict

It the drugs for it are expected in 6 months or so, then it might well be a few months, especially in countries not allowing Chinese nationals to enter if that applies to freight too that might have been handled by Chinese crew.

I might be talking nonsense though as I haven't checked if the bans apply to sea routes trade.
Old 3rd February 2020
Lives for gear

china worries me less, but the poorer countries nearby with poorer health systems. vietnam cambodia phillipines and more.
it will probably affect all manufacturers .. apple lenovo and so on

Old 3rd February 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post
Test bed disease leaked from and made by man

Does not deserve the hype it's getting and certainly doesn't deserve to be discussed here

Media are the enemy as usual with 'emergencies' and are using it for wealth generation as usual, GVTs will use it for their agenda and the media will prop up that cause too

Oh dear, I feel another infraction
While I agree this is not really the best place to discuss coronavirus - I don't believe a highly communicable virus with over 350 deaths and a 9.6% mortality rate should be called "hype".
Old 3rd February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihearanewworld View Post
While I agree this is not really the best place to discuss coronavirus - I don't believe a highly communicable virus with over 350 deaths and a 9.6% mortality rate should be called "hype".

I look at 7 billion people on the planet - and I immediately think - whose profiting off the 'hype'. Sorry...but it really is a profit grab.
Old 4th February 2020
Gear Guru

Quote:
350 people probably died from their dog pulling them into a revolving door at a supermarket, 350 people probably died from choking on stones in olives etc etc

It's hyped to F. 350 people in how long? It's a complete joke virus compared to most. .

I feel sorry for all involved but this is a teeny weeny baby that is being used for nefarious reasons, folk lapping it up are feeding the beast.

Test bed: success
Old 4th February 2020
Lives for gear

Wrong place for this. I guess GS needs a world forum for things like this, as this is neither electronic nor an instrument.
Old 4th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
The fatality rate is only ~2% according to this article (SARS had 9.6%)
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/03/w...rus-china.html

I agree this is hardly the place for such discussions but I wanted to correct that.

Last edited by pulsar modular; 4th February 2020 at 01:12 AM..
Old 4th February 2020
Some of you are batschit crazy
Old 4th February 2020
Gear Maniac
Shouldn't we be discussing the clone of the virus...?
Old 4th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post
350 people probably died from their dog pulling them into a revolving door at a supermarket, 350 people probably died from choking on stones in olives etc etc

It's hyped to F. 350 people in how long? It's a complete joke virus compared to most. .

I feel sorry for all involved but this is a teeny weeny baby that is being used for nefarious reasons, folk lapping it up are feeding the beast.

Test bed: success
Glad you're not an influencer in the medical industry.
Old 4th February 2020
Lives for gear

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search