The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Thomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi, I'm trying to find a solution for my studio. Unfortunately, I can't pass a new cable between my control room and my live...

theembryo
replies: 1 views: 74
Bushman 1 hour ago

Is it true that you can use TRS cables with balanced audio patchbays for stereo signals, thereby effectively cutting in half the...

rhythmcomposer
replies: 5 views: 164
shabbyroad 8 hours ago

Hi guys, My Neumann Shockmount that came with my U87 doesn't allow me to fully insert a cable. I made a vid of it here -...

willnoon
replies: 0 views: 62
willnoon 12 hours ago

Anyone using these for AES duties? How do you find them for analog over other cables? I use Mogami 2549 and 3173 and would love...

zoom25
replies: 171 views: 26,841
Karloff70 1 day ago

I'm reading through threads on grounding that are over my head. Please help translate soni can suss out the issue. New room...

bannerj
replies: 3 views: 157
nosebleedaudio 2 days ago

Hi everybody, I'm a long time lurker who finally has something relevant to post so here goes. kfhkh I'm in the process...

JrK2
replies: 17 views: 3,269
DynamicRange 2 days ago

Hi, I recently purchased Neumann KH80 DSP monitors for my modest home studio. These will replace my 20-year old Behringer...

Adesroches
replies: 1 views: 118
Marmageddon 3 days ago

I have a 309A shockmount for an RE20 mic, and I'm missing the assembly at the top that connects it to a stand or arm. The bits...

damehex
replies: 4 views: 146
cbc6403 4 days ago

I’ve just bought a Command 8 but it doesn’t come with a power supply. Anyone got one for sale or know where I could find one?...

Legi
replies: 27 views: 5,615
golden_ears 6 days ago

Hi Folks, this is my first time posting here. I searched for an answer to this but didn't see anything so please forgive me if...

lukewilliams7302
replies: 1 views: 101
Cabirio 6 days ago

So I have a lot of bulk microphone cable hanging around (nice shielded stuff) and I need to build 5 extension cords for...

downtoascience
replies: 3 views: 148
MediaGary 1 week ago

Hi all, So the cat has decided that the white bit of my Yamaha HS7s is good to scratch. I managed to stop her before there was...

Romdave
replies: 5 views: 213
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

Hi, I’m guessing this is obvious to some but how would I connect a lav mic with a 4-pin Hirose connector (male) to a...

Robo
replies: 2 views: 137
Robo 1 week ago

Hi, Sorry if this is a duplicate, something happened when I posted the first one... and now I can't see the first post. I...

chrisd11
replies: 0 views: 70
chrisd11 1 week ago

I understand that the proper way of connecting a subwoofer and studio monitors with an audio interface is to connect the output...

alex5005
replies: 3 views: 135
jaddie 1 week ago

So I've mainly been working with UAD's ITB plugins but want to expand the following way with this interface: Vintage Neumann U87...

BassBuster
replies: 1 views: 124
BassBuster 1 week ago

I need new plugs for the 24V fans for my Meyer UPA-1Ps. I have no idea what these connectors are called though. They look...

Chip Dixon
replies: 0 views: 92
Chip Dixon 1 week ago

Hi! I have a TV that has an optical Toslink output, and I would like to connect it to my Audio Interface which has a S/PDIF...

MJ_Chile
replies: 2 views: 144
MJ_Chile 2 weeks ago

Hi all, I have a Steinberg UR22 mkII setup with my Windows 10 PC. I have all the latest driver and firmware upgrades to the...

jbraney97
replies: 7 views: 3,410
dostl_ba 3 weeks ago

I bought a passive pickup (K&K pure mini) for my acoustic guitar. When I plugged it into a mic input of my Mackie 1202 VLZ...

fabiospark
replies: 0 views: 128
fabiospark 3 weeks ago

Hi folks, I need to make some mic cables (for drum recording) and i have a $hit load of Mogami 110Ω AES/EBU cable left over....

I.R.Baboon
replies: 14 views: 1,642
zoom25 3 weeks ago

I noticed some static noise the other day and began chasing the source. It was apparently the cable, which is a Mogami 2549 with...

spacesounds
replies: 20 views: 590
elegentdrum 3 weeks ago

I know there are few of similar topics on Gearslutz, but I think in any of those we haven't find a 100% answer. So let's try...

borisovonline
replies: 2 views: 587
smc108 4 weeks ago

Hi all I want to connect a scsi Zip drive to my akai s3000 (external) Is this the correct...

Milesy303
replies: 0 views: 103
Milesy303 4 weeks ago

Hi there, I'm during process of buying monitors. I'm testing them for some time and got really great price so I'm happy to buy...

ihavelostmykeys
replies: 0 views: 112
ihavelostmykeys 4 weeks ago

Hi feel a total divvy asking this but need help getting mixer to monitor cables for my turntable mixing set up God knows what...

Aratron
replies: 9 views: 170
Rick Dalton 4 weeks ago

Hey Guys. I'm about to put up for sale an old 100w transistor Randall combo. Pulled it out of storage and started cleaning it...

pnutbuttrjarz
replies: 0 views: 137
pnutbuttrjarz 4 weeks ago

Total noob question. Looking for a DSUB to 8-way TRS for a DBOX+, I came across star quad cables and all their fancy-schmancy...

Trustee
replies: 7 views: 160
deedeeyeah 4 weeks ago

hello, usually boom mic stands have tripod legs for support. i like the round weighted bases, because they take less floor...

gearstudent
replies: 2 views: 126
kludgeaudio 23rd September 2020

HI all - I’m making a short tail cable for a stereo mic, to go between the mic and the hand of a rycote mount. It will be about...

swduncan
replies: 2 views: 152
deedeeyeah 21st September 2020

How do I connect these? https://imgur.com/a/XS0cR6Q

dannydawiz
replies: 3 views: 258
cbc6403 21st September 2020

I'm trying to understand something. How come male TRS plugs like: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072KVVWQ9 are 2 pin,...

MsmithGS
replies: 6 views: 206
stella645 14th September 2020

Hi all, composer here. So I have been building up a modest home setup over the last several years, and just very recently...

jiten
replies: 0 views: 171
jiten 13th September 2020

Adam Hall VR 1616 and VR2020 are good but at €1.5 a piece quite expensive. Canford also makes good ones, but they are even...

jetam
replies: 6 views: 304
Daniel85 8th September 2020

I’m looking at the Sound Tools Wall CAT. They seem to be unavailable in the UK. Is there an equivalent available for purchase...

elimcg
replies: 3 views: 335
Richard Crowley 7th September 2020

I'm finally getting around to upgrading my rather outdated studio setup, and that means bridging the worlds of older and modern...

Lady Gaia
replies: 21 views: 1,885
Richard Crowley 2nd September 2020

So, for a number of years, I have had this mic kicking around (originally came with the whole PA system, which never worked), and...

Tweakable
replies: 8 views: 3,414
Earcatcher 1st September 2020

Looking for a good but cheap microphone stand, just had some plastic $40-something mic stand tip and break on me. Looking for...

Dohreetoh
replies: 21 views: 2,031
microwave 30th August 2020

Hello, heppy Everything is in the title. Just like there used to be brands like cardas making warm/dark sounding cables...

Sybille
replies: 16 views: 617
Nick Tammer 30th August 2020

Hi. As I am developing a new music device, I like to hear your opinions about having a 3.5 mm headphone jack, and no...

poti de luxe
replies: 4 views: 207
Richard Crowley 29th August 2020

I would like to add a second headphone to my RME UCX (only one headphone output) using the rear outputs, so I think to buy a...

Cormorass
replies: 0 views: 134
Cormorass 28th August 2020

hello, i am used to getting mogami cables in the united states. but i am in europe now, and thomann recommends sommer galileo...

gearstudent
replies: 1 views: 842
Nick Tammer 27th August 2020

I’m looking for an 18v 1a AC/AC power supply with an IEC mains connection Preferably IEC 7/8 - figure of 8 but kettle lead...

grannis
replies: 0 views: 117
grannis 27th August 2020

Hey folks For as long as I can remember, I've suffered from noisy guitar amps. Currently, I have a Vox AC30 CH Head with Vox...

bourney1kenobi
replies: 13 views: 290
bourney1kenobi 26th August 2020

Hello, I just purchased a used Sansamp PSA 1 and am wiring it into my patchbay. On the rear of the unit it has "Input...

reelbigspikey
replies: 0 views: 111
reelbigspikey 26th August 2020

Hi all, I'm the new owner of a 1950-ish Altec 639B. It has an XLR pigtail which conveniently clicks into the original 3-pin STC...

rmedek
replies: 1 views: 144
rmedek 26th August 2020

Hey all. I recently bought the UAD Apollo Twin Mk2, which I'll be using at home with my MacBook Pro 2018. I guess due to lack...

Big Homie
replies: 1 views: 160
56tweed 24th August 2020

I need a bunch of short (3m perhaps) audio cables (non-balanced, jacks at both ends) for my home studio and am considering...

rhythmcomposer
replies: 7 views: 1,057
Richard Crowley 23rd August 2020

Hey I've just bought an old Midiverb ii and it's turned up apparently having been retrofitted with a power socket that I don't...

NaturalSelf
replies: 1 views: 145
DGL 22nd August 2020

Hi, I’m looking for a source of TRS cable snakes where I can easily unscrew the jack end to lift the sleeve/signal ground...

Cashhewn
replies: 1 views: 198
NathanBarley 22nd August 2020

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search