The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Adam A77X Speaker Stands Channel Strip Plugins
Old 12th March 2014
Gear Addict

Adam A77X Speaker Stands

What do you guy's use for big size monitors like the Adam A77X. I'm looking for something heavy duty. I would like to purchase or build them myself if possible.

Thanks denlig
Old 14th March 2014
I have my A77x' on these cheap stand from Thomann: Millenium BS-500 Monitorstativ-Set

I was sceptic at first, but they are rock solid
Old 15th March 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbenjamins View Post
I have my A77x' on these cheap stand from Thomann: Millenium BS-500 Monitorstativ-Set

I was sceptic at first, but they are rock solid
Thanks,

I looked at these stands but thought they looked flimsy. I think i will grab a pair. I for sure will not be paying $600 plus for a pair of sound anchors stands. I seen pic of your studio with the A77X on the stands and they look nice. I so love my adams. May i ask what measurement is your speakers from your mix position ?

denlig
Old 16th March 2014
Here for the gear

cinder blocks and neoprene. they can look really cool if theyre done well, or they can look like . . . well, a cinder block and neoprene project haha
Old 16th March 2014
Lives for gear

You could checkout the ultimate support stands and fill them with lead shot (or sand):

Ultimate Support: Home

I have a previous incarnation of these, and while they are pretty light (but well built) once you fill them with lead shot they turn into pretty hefty stands. From the pics of the latest version, the internal channel for adding weight looks a bit smaller than mine (42" height). If I remember correctly, I think I was able to fill each of them with almost 2, 25lb bags of fairly small diameter lead shot.
Old 17th March 2014
Gear Head

+1 for the Sound Anchors. Be warned though, these things are heavy!
Old 17th March 2014
Gear Maniac

Why don't you make your own, filled with sand?

It's a good investment if you have some time to deal with it.
Old 4th December 2016
IsoAcoustics | Sound quality by design

These seem to be used in quite a few studios lately.
Old 4th December 2016
Build your own. https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...peaker+stands+ Fun to do and you will hopefully learn some new skills and have a GREAT pair of speaker stands you can be proud of.

FWIW
Old 7th December 2016
Gear Head

RE: Speaker Stands

Hi,
I am the moderator for Adam Audio.
There are several excellent stands out there. The most robust are by Sound Anchors. They are solid and heavy and will withstand a nuclear blast!

K&M make very good stands.

Zoaer makes good stands.

The bottom line is a cheap stand that is not totally stable will hurt the stereo imaging and by moving even the slightest bit could cause cancellation at certain frequencies. Put you r hand on the stand and if it wiggles, do not buy it.

Also there are several accessories by Auralex, Prime Acoustics, and others that also help tighten up the bottom.
Scott E
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search