The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
I need help identifying this connector!
Old 9th February 2020
I need help identifying this connector!

Hello and thanks for helping out.

I just found a Hohner Pianet Model M and am trying to figure out the best way to modernize it for my studio without hacking away at it too much.
What is the connector in th center? It is for headphone out. If I can find an adapter or build one I will, but I need to know what this connector is called first.
Thanks again!
Attached Thumbnails
I need help identifying this connector!-2020-02-08-22.35.02.jpg  
Old 11th February 2020
Lives for gear

Well, it's a DIN plug. But i don't know how that particular combination of pins is called.
Old 12th February 2020
Thanks for the response Monomer.

Yeah, I cant find any particulars on pin-out on that din connector at all. The 5 pin din next to it is a common pin configuration for hifi systems, but I'm completely stumped on the centre one.

In the mean time, I've installed 1/4" TS Jack's to the amp and from the Pianet pickups. If I use the amp, I'll just pull from the line level in the other din.

If anyone is reading this and is familiar with this connector, please let me know!
Cheers.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by standingwave View Post
Thanks for the response Monomer.

Yeah, I cant find any particulars on pin-out on that din connector at all. The 5 pin din next to it is a common pin configuration for hifi systems, but I'm completely stumped on the centre one.

In the mean time, I've installed 1/4" TS Jack's to the amp and from the Pianet pickups. If I use the amp, I'll just pull from the line level in the other din.

If anyone is reading this and is familiar with this connector, please let me know!
Cheers.

it is a 5 pin DIN Headphone connector. More info here https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=85802

Hope this helps.
Old 4 weeks ago
OMG, this helps immensely! Thanks a million for taking the time to share your knowledge, I couldn't dig anything about it.
Cheers!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by standingwave View Post
Hello and thanks for helping out.

I just found a Hohner Pianet Model M and am trying to figure out the best way to modernize it for my studio without hacking away at it too much.
What is the connector in th center? It is for headphone out. If I can find an adapter or build one I will, but I need to know what this connector is called first.
Thanks again!
Here is the Hohner M Manual

The Connectors are input / output DIN connectors - although I have no idea how they are wired or work. There is a schematic in the manual above - you could sus it out there.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papanate View Post
Here is the Hohner M Manual

The Connectors are input / output DIN connectors - although I have no idea how they are wired or work. There is a schematic in the manual above - you could sus it out there.
Thanks Papanate.
I did find the manual already, but it is a bit of extra work as the schematic notes are in German. I'll figure it out.
Ideally though, I wont have to further modify the actual instrument. Now that I know what the connection is called, I can build an adapter.

This electric keyboard is pretty rare from what I can see. It sounds gorgeous though! The phaser section on the amplifieradds so much to the raw sound of the vibrating reeds.
Cheers!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search