The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Need a way to rotate my 19” rack
Old 18th January 2020
Gear Maniac

Need a way to rotate my 19” rack

Swivel, rotate, caster, wheels

I’ve searched for a product in can set one of my 3 foot high 19” racks on a swivel or a castering wheel base.

My hybrid setup is ad hoc; I’m constantly reconnecting cables to and from gear and I go mobile. I’d like to be able to get to the back of it easily to make connections. Space limitations don’t permit me to walk to the back of it.

I could DIY a dolly but a swivel or a lazy-Suzan rotating platform would be great if it already exists.

I haven’t found a pre made solution and was hoping the cognoscenti of gearslutz could help.
Old 19th January 2020
Lives for gear

It would be pretty easy to build a lazy susan swiveling platform; lazy susan bearings are readily available in various sizes, such as these from Lee Valley. Choose an appropriately large one, and attach it to a couple rectangles of plywood, and add some feet if you wish. Depending on your rack setup you might be able to attach the rack directly to the bearing and skip a redundant piece of plywood.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search