The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Where to get a good deal on spool of mic cable?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head
Where to get a good deal on spool of mic cable?

I'm looking to make a number of xlr cables for stage and outdoor use. Probably four 40ft cables to start with, and then eight 20 footers.
Looking for flexible 2 conductor cable with braided shielding. It has to be easy to wrap at the end of the day.
Any of the big brands are fine with me. Or an off brand if I am convinced of it's quality and it's inexpensive. Audiopile's cable has been recommended to me and seems affordable.
I am open to paying more for twisted pair or better shielding as long as it's easy to work with.
It's really hard to compare prices from different sites on wire spools.
If anyone here watches prices on this sort of thing, and has a tip on a current good deal for a 100+ meter spool, please share.

Thanks
Old 4 weeks ago
AMAZON works best for audio cable at reasonable prices.

FWIW
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinobyte View Post
I'm looking to make a number of xlr cables for stage and outdoor use. Probably four 40ft cables to start with, and then eight 20 footers.
Looking for flexible 2 conductor cable with braided shielding. It has to be easy to wrap at the end of the day.
Any of the big brands are fine with me. Or an off brand if I am convinced of it's quality and it's inexpensive. Audiopile's cable has been recommended to me and seems affordable.
I am open to paying more for twisted pair or better shielding as long as it's easy to work with.
It's really hard to compare prices from different sites on wire spools.
If anyone here watches prices on this sort of thing, and has a tip on a current good deal for a 100+ meter spool, please share.

Thanks
Where are you on Cali?

Near LA is Pacific Radio in Burbank.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search