The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Does anyone know what brand this XLR connector is?
Old 1 day ago
Here for the gear

Does anyone know what brand this XLR connector is?

I’ve never seen this logo before. It’s on the back of my Stam Audio SA4000. I’m rewiring my studio and just happened to notice it, since I’m trying to keep my contacts consistent (gold w/gold, silver to silver, etc.).

Is anyone familiar with this logo/brand? Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Does anyone know what brand this XLR connector is?-2292104e-9b70-49cf-af66-663dd2235fdd.jpg  
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Isn't that the symbol for "The Artist Formerly Known as Prince"?

Even if you knew the manufacturer, would it reveal the metallurgy? unless they make only one kind.
If you are really concerned about it and have an unlimited budget, you could just use Gold-pin connectors.
Gold is one of the least reactive elements and should play nicely with pins of other metallurgys.
Old 14 hours ago
Or spray some of this on the connector. https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...iAAEgJPY_D_BwE and if that is not good enough do what Richard says...FWIW
Old 9 hours ago
Here for the gear

Ha, yes... I believe Stam Audio sources components directly from Paisley Park.

Thanks for the advice. I do plan on hitting contacts with some DeoxIT before putting everything back together. I guess I was just curious as to if anyone knew what brand the connector was with that logo. I’d never seen it before and mainly have used Neutrik, Switchcraft or Amphenol previously.

As far as the metal used on the contacts: It was suggested to me that for connections that are more permanent, it would be wise to use like metals on those connections. Something to do with the chemical reaction potential of mixing different metals over long term. Is anyone familiar with this or do you have any opinions? Obviously for temporary connections it wouldn’t cause any issues, but for something behind a rack where I won’t be touching it for years I’d like to exercise due diligence if I’m able.
Old 9 hours ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Crowley View Post
you could just use Gold-pin connectors.
Gold is one of the least reactive elements and should play nicely with pins of other metallurgys.
So am I to understand that if I were to use gold with any other metal (i.e., nickel or silver) for these permanent connections behind my rack, I shouldn’t run in to any issues in the long run? Again, thanks for the advice and information!
Old 8 hours ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spilota View Post
So am I to understand that if I were to use gold with any other metal (i.e., nickel or silver) for these permanent connections behind my rack, I shouldn’t run in to any issues in the long run? Again, thanks for the advice and information!
I think you are over "thinking" this whole matter. We are talking about audio not some scientific measurement apparatus in the gigahertz range so use some DeoxIT and be done with it. FWIW
Old 8 hours ago
Here for the gear

Fair enough. I just thought this was the place for that. I will go back to making music now, thanks.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search