The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Sommer Epilogue vs Vovox for Monitos
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Sommer Epilogue vs Vovox for Monitos

Hello,

I am looking into some cables for connecting my audio interface with my monitors.
I am between Sommer Epilogue and Vovox. Any suggestions ?
I haven't found much information about Sommer Epilogue and I want to ask
if someone is using them for monitor connection.

Thanks
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

You would almost certainly not be able to tell any difference at all in a properly administered double-blind test. A relatively short line-level (presumably balanced) interconnect cable is about as non-critical for cable performance as analog audio interconnects generally can get.

Frankly, there would be no discernable difference between these and, say, a $20 Hosa cable or most any other cable that's not the very bottom of the barrel in terms of quality. The more expensive cables may be somewhat more sturdily constructed and so take flexing and abuse a little better, which is potentially a concern for gigging use but generally of little matter for studio monitors where things are rarely moved around and even less frequently walked over, etc. The more expensive cables may also be somewhat better shielded and so would be less likely to pick up noise on quite long runs, again of little if any importance in a typical small studio.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Thanks for the info.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search